I have an A'pexi NEO....and I just stare at it.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I have no idea how to use this dumb thing. But my car is running insanely rich, and I would really like a decent tune...

I couldn't find the manual for it, anyone got the link, or some advice??

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
If you want to get technical, The NA ECU will not run the GTE sensors, The GTE uses a Karman vortex signal along with a cam position sensor to trigger the coil packs.. But I'm JK'ing because Spikesnstuff0905's post was absolutely not helpful at all and just takes up space on the forum that could be filled with technical information that the community could benefit from :)

Do a search but www.apexi-usa.com will help you out a lot, its right in plain sight :)

How do you plan on tuning it and leaning it out?

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
True since the ecu is self correcting. Do you have a AFR gauge? Are you just seeing black smoke and guessing or do you know your actual ratio? I personally don't know how the Apexi unit works, i've never owned one. Do you have any mods done? MAybe the previous owner did the 550cc/MAF mod but forgot the MAF? lol

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well, I plan on tuning it, and leaning it out by reading that .pdf first...then, I have have a laptop...Which reminds me, I need to hook up my little datalogger....

you know...for two grand, this car has a hell of a lot of goodies. And I know how to use none of this. I just drive. And poorly at that, I am still adjusting to this ridiculous clutch. it's a heavy duty 3 puck. I kill it alot moving from redlights/ stop signs. I hate it. hahaha

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
what? ^^ I would recommend someone who knows what they are doing properly tune it unless you don't care about blowing your motor or melting a piston

And the supra does not have a MAF sensor at all

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Wow. Somehow my last post got delayed lol. I have a few mods...57trim ct, 3" alum rad. 2.25 hard pipes, hks bov, 3.7 rear end, greddy prof spec 2 controller thingy, I DO have an afr gauge, don't know what the numbers mean hahahahaha, uhm...1.2mm cometic mhg, arp's @105 ft lbs....oh, and the 57 trim is set for 18 psi low boost, 25 high. it's a riot. there is this sweeet little red button next to the shifter...I asked the guy, wtf is that. He was all that? push it and find out. i thought it was NOS haha. so, when I pushed it, and nothing happened, I was like uh....... he was reply wax "punch it!!" so I did. then I shit myself.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well, I don't know any one else around here who can tune it. And I would like slightly better mpg. Yeah, I said it. This is my DD, and it sucks baaad on gas lol. Also, running rich smells. Pretty girls do no like it.

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
your poor mgp probably has to do with the fact that youre running 20 ish psi. and still running rich lol.

AFM* for mr. picky. -.- lol

If i remember correctly, either 12.1 or 15.1 afr is around ideal, but don't hold me to that. I'll look around real quick...

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Im not mr. picky im just trying not to confuse the other members here and people who come on the forums that have no idea what they are doing, Next you know people will be saying they have a turbo encabulator on their supra

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Speaking of which, check the readings from your flux capacitor. it should be set to around 88. Anything lower than that and you're going to have problems, Doc.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Apparently your AFR at idle should be 14.7 ideally. Every motor is going to be different, however, so you can't just copy someone elses readings and expect it to work. Theres some good info here...
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?14358-A-F-Ratio-Tuning&p=159348&post159348=

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
That is why, Nothing has to do with 88... He was joking and making another pointless post :)

The ECU will bounce AFR's at idle and cruising using feedback from the O2 sensor to try to maintain 14.7 AFR, Always watch your VF while tuning

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Are you getting this, Devin? lol
I'm just messing with you bro. Leblanc said something about our cars not having MAF's (Mass Air Flows) which they technically don't, they have AFM's (Karman Vortex style meters) It's the box before your turbo that tells your ecu how much air is in your motor, allowing it to program the correct amount of fuel to be mixed in. In the larger scale, the typo doesn't matter, but it's better to stop misinformation as soon as possible. The flux capacitor joke is from Back To the Future. It's the machine Doc uses to travel time, it has to reach 88MPH before it will work lol. What DOES matter however, is your Air Fuel Ratio. That link i posted should get you moving in the proper direction.