Good lord, it's a deal and a half!!!

Must...make...offer!!!
sDOpVHqdo4redknvSupdXVgh_500.gif

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Guyana00;941019 said:
Maybe his wife is making him sell it and he wants to keep it. Orrr! He's a jackass.

He's probably a jackass.

I think everyone on here are the jackasses.

gaboonviper85;940955 said:
thats gotta be a typo......

Why? cause He's selling a what looks to be very clean stock Supra for how much they should be selling for?

SupraOfDoom;940952 said:
You know what, I almost think he could get it if he got lucky .

I completely think He could get that much for it, the car looks super clean.

Yay for being part of one of the cheapest communities ever
p941105_1.gif

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I don't see the problem. It's his car, he has every right to charge that, or more.

You can't make an accurate valuation of a car from 4 small pictures and a vague description, for all you know it could e a sub 10k mile gem that has spent every night for the past 19 years in a climate controlled garage.

Every A70 complains that they can only get peanuts for their cars, but as soon as someone gets ballsy and asks for more than the nickel and dimes these cars usually get, he's a "jackass"? Can someone explain how that works?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Loki;941105 said:
I think everyone on here are the jackasses.
Why? cause He's selling a what looks to be very clean stock Supra for how much they should be selling for?

I completely think He could get that much for it, the car looks super clean.

Yay for being part of one of the cheapest communities ever

Loki, those pictures are not high resolution - you cannot tell the true condition of the car by them. There are also no interior shots and no mileage listed. I'm sorry, but $11k is a lot of money for that car unless it is absolutely perfect [showroom] and the mileage is under 30k. This is not a case of being cheap - it's a case of common sense. I suppose if that car is worth $11k to someone, then it would be worth it to them, and I would probably consider them a complete idiot.
Check out the Private Party sale of an '89 Turbo Targa Auto in excellent condition, with 30,000 miles on KBB.com and the following options:

Air Conditioning
Power Door Locks
Cassette
Power Steering
Tilt Wheel
Power Windows
AM/FM Stereo
Sport Roof
Leather
Cruise Control
Premium Wheels

[Basically, all of the most expensive options]
..and what do you get?

Less than $5k. Suggested retail is less than $6k. Unless that has a professional 1JZ swap or some serious ICE it shouldn't garner more than $7k.
That guy is either in the hole, doesn't want to get rid of the car and is playing on his wife's ignorance, or is going to sit on the price until an idiot actually steps forth to buy. !REDUCED! to $11k? If he can get that much for it, good for him.. but as much as I love these cars, that is a very steep price.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Loki,

As much as I agree that MKIII owners are notoriously cheap, give me a fucking break.

A mint condition Corvette of the same year is worth about $6,000.

There's no way a stock 89 Supra is worth $11,000.

It's not worth 1/2 that.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Ok, so it may not be worth 11k. It still annoys me when threads like this come up and everyone is like "OMG WHY IS HE SELLING IT FOR SO MUCH!?!?!?!/11?" maybe that's just how much he wants for it. I know if I was to ever sell my car I'd ask near that for it, is my car worth that much? maybe not, it's still my car and I can ask however much I want for it.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Supracentral;941130 said:
A mint condition Corvette of the same year is worth about $6,000.

What's this got to do with anything?

By that logic anyone with a 93.5-96 JZA80 is mad as they could have a mint condition Corvette of the same year for no more than $10k (according to KBB at least)...