HUGE potential 2JZ swap (4 months from 12 May out from 600rwhp)

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
IJ.;1015144 said:
5 months later is it at 600rwhp yet? ;)

hey now, this weekend if i can figure out this litle electrical problem it will be done. it ran for a couple minutes, so far no leaks. just very rich and needs some tuning to get the idle just right.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
wait a second. i just got a reply from NGK. they said the analog output from the wideband is for data logging and is not meant to be used for the ECU, doesn't give the right signal.guess i gotta buy another one.

SupraMaster

Pure Street Racing
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
www.facebook.com
crazysupra2JZ;1015335 said:
wait a second. i just got a reply from NGK. they said the analog output from the wideband is for data logging and is not meant to be used for the ECU, doesn't give the right signal.guess i gotta buy another one.

Nice customer service. They get kudos in my book for getting back to you on that, and being informative about it.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
SupraMaster;1015577 said:
Nice customer service. They get kudos in my book for getting back to you on that, and being informative about it.

yeah i was amazed they got back to me so quickly. i used their wideband on my first 2jz swap so i decided to use it again cause it's very easy to use and set up.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
crazysupra2JZ;1015335 said:

NGK PowerDex?

If so the analogue output just needs to talk to the ECU as a 0>5v signal then the ECU applies this to a table to read out as either Lambda or AFR.

I ran this set up last year.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
yeah, the Powerdex AFX. i bought another universal O2 sensor and it raised my limit to 2.5K from 2k last time. and i can finally control the AFR a little. i can lean it out now, but still can't get full control over it.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
My swap is done! i just finished the exhaust, looks ok and sound pretty good.

i'll get pics and a video later tonight, it's raining.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1017448_1.jpg

Last edited: