HUGE potential 2JZ swap (4 months from 12 May out from 600rwhp)

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
all us macon and warner robins people def need to meet up. my car should be done sometime in may though. i got a ride in his first 2jz mk3, it was freakin awesome!

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
7MGTESUPRAMAN;996721 said:
I have a 3 inch OBX N1 style that I took off mine if that's what your looking for. I have the slincer to go with it to. I lucked up and found a HKS Dragger muffler for cheap.

maybe, got any pics? i want to get a resonator too, to quite things up a bit.

RedEj8;996783 said:
Very nice! We all need to meet up some time. Id like to see a 2jz mk3 in person, and maybe catch a ride.haha

def, i hope to be done before mid MAY. I'll at least make a downpipe so i can drive it. now that i have a working speedo cable, i know how fast i'm going

natedogr;998267 said:
all us macon and warner robins people def need to meet up. my car should be done sometime in may though. i got a ride in his first 2jz mk3, it was freakin awesome!

thanks man, i miss my 87. but i'm sure i will grow to love this one just as much. i've always wanted the 89 style tail lights and spoiler.

I'm gonna get it started tonight. i finally got all my oil line stuff in from Summit to complete the turbo oil inlet. now i can actually start it. it should be freakin awesome. i'll take a quick vid of it.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
Here are some pics, I put a resonator on the one I have now to make a lil quite. If you want I can bring it down there Fri. because I'm off.
p1000168_1.jpg

p1000168_2.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
7MGTESUPRAMAN;1000168 said:
Here are some pics, I put a resonator on the one I have now to make a lil quite. If you want I can bring it down there Fri. because I'm off.
p1000421_1.jpg

p1000421_2.jpg

How much? your car still looks amazing, i can't believe how clean the interior is.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
damn that startup was loud. always nice to hear the first startup though:)

what intake are you running?

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i'll get a pipe made someday, for now i'll just put a filter on the turbo. if i can fit one on there. this turbo is a little larger than the last one i had, clearences are a bit tight.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
almost done, having some issues making the exhaust. hopefully it will be done tomorrow. stay tuned for a little street video

i'm learning how to weld, so my exhaust is going to look really crappy, but you really won't see it. my buddy is teaching me who is also an amature, lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1012701_1.jpg

p1012701_2.jpg

p1012701_3.jpg

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
sm_photo_missing.jpg

600rwhp your car is going to proubly look like this comming off the line :icon_bigg. Nice build, cant wait to see some videos.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
things kinda slowed us down today. we finally finished up the front half of the exhaust, getting dark now and don't want to make too much noise.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
having some issues with idleing. i got the same problem i had before and others have had. it won't rev past 2000 rpms.

a couple things could be causing it.

1: I am using an NGK Wideband O2 sensor which has an Analog output, which I have connected to the O2 input on the ECU.

2: The Greddy BCC needs to go before or after the AFC. Since both use the same input, it could be clamping the signal for the other device.

It is running very rich, it burns the eyes the amount of fuel that's going in. the AFR is around 9.0

I don't want to start messing with the AFC settings yet till i can rev it past 2000 rpm.

I know there are threads about the rev problem but the freakin 4 word search is killing me.

this video doesn not show what i'm talking about. this is before i realized i forgot a filter for the IAC, i went and got one now it idles better, but the limit is still there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mNxN6YYSbo

Last edited:

jnianekeo

Oct 27, 2005
Mill Creek, WA
I'm not too sure what you did for wiring, but have you tried checking your map sensor? I had a boost check on mine and that didnt let me rev past 2-3k...