How would you get the heat out of your Supra?

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
turbo blanket, adjusted valves (yes, they emit a lot of heat if they dont shut or open properly), heat insulating the downpipe, aluminum radiator... Thats from top of my mind :)

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Don't remove the rubber seal unless you want to be running on 5 cylinders after every rainstorm and smell every little thing in your engine bay. The best way to manage heat is by insulating the downpipe, exhaust manifold, and turbo, as well as keeping the exhaust manifold heat shields in place. Other more creative ways include fabricating heat shields to isolate the exhaust manifold and turbo from nearby components (ABS, intake, etc)

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
adampecush;1060650 said:
Don't remove the rubber seal unless you want to be running on 5 cylinders after every rainstorm and smell every little thing in your engine bay. The best way to manage heat is by insulating the downpipe, exhaust manifold, and turbo, as well as keeping the exhaust manifold heat shields in place. Other more creative ways include fabricating heat shields to isolate the exhaust manifold and turbo from nearby components (ABS, intake, etc)

Great answer.....ask me how I know;). Now that said get a vented hood, and a turbo blanket. See my hoood in my avatar......it let's out tons of heat.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I learned this from experience as well....

QWIKSTRIKE;1060688 said:
Great answer.....ask me how I know;). Now that said get a vented hood, and a turbo blanket. See my hoood in my avatar......it let's out tons of heat.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
turbo blanket helped my underhood temps alot! ceramic coating on the manifold and dp will help a whole lot.

another "minor" detail is, clean the engine! a dirty engine (covered in grease, oil, brake fluid, and Lord knows what else) is hotter than one thats cleaned up.

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
^^^ think that would have the same effect as removing the rubber seal.
I removed mine, and put it back on immediately

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
john93t;1060643 said:
remove the rubber seal between the bulkhead and hood

daledoe;1060890 said:
Put washers under the hood bracket it raise the back of the hood

Nope, Adam is correct :)

adampecush;1060650 said:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
to keep mine cooler Ive got the exhaust manifold, exhaust housing, and the downpipe ceramic coated, Ive also go two electric fans infront of the radiator where the AC condensor used to be for the extra hot days or when im beating on it.

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
spoolint78;1060975 said:
^^^ think that would have the same effect as removing the rubber seal.
I removed mine, and put it back on immediately

so the washers dont work, also why did u put it back on?
can i please see the stock engine cover thingy