How to beat speeding ticket in VA school zone?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Your going to have to spend $xxx.xx on an attorney and you'll probably wont be able to beat it. Traffic court is guilty until you pay innocent. File for a motion of discovery and try to catch the pig speeding to catch you with his lights off.

Fuck traffic cops.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I never understood the idea that they could speed to come after you. I mean, if I pass a stationary cop on the highway, going roughly the speed limit (or slightly above), how fast does THAT guy have to go to catch up to me? If it's safe for THEM to go that fast, why is it unsafe for ME? :nono:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
te72;1686157 said:
I never understood the idea that they could speed to come after you. I mean, if I pass a stationary cop on the highway, going roughly the speed limit (or slightly above), how fast does THAT guy have to go to catch up to me? If it's safe for THEM to go that fast, why is it unsafe for ME? :nono:

Good point. But it's not about how safe it is. Speeding tickets are a way to keep money rolling in for Police Departments. Speed smart and have a working speedo.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Oh, I understand the monetary reasons for it, which is why I hate driving through Utahded. Can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over and told I was doing 15mph more than I actually was.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
te72;1686157 said:

Because they've taken training courses on driving safely at high speeds, while the average person has not.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Heh, I've been pulled over on one of the main roads around here, when I wasn't even speeding. (profiled- black M3 with dark tint and shiny wheels). He asked me how fast I thought he had to go to catch up with me. My reply was 56mph, sir. He laughed, and to make a long story short, let me off. (Recognized me as one of the local peoples, as in, not running drugs would be my guess)

Technically it's true, I was doing 55mph. :shrug:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1687309 said:
By that logic, we should be allowed to take a course and drive faster.

I honestly believe that HDPE classes should be mandatory before EVER issuing someone a license. This has to be the only country in the world where you can drive around a single residential block, parallel park back at the dmv, and get handed a license.

Yes, it would cost a bit more money, but that would encourage people to get off their butts, get a job, save up, and get themselves a license.