"How much supra can you put into a truck?" build

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
suprahilux;1553150 said:
Not sure if I will do that b/c the intake temps may be lower running all the boost from the turbo when it kicks in.

You could use water methanol...:naughty:

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Although, it is kinda complicated to set up and not very practical for a street driven vehicle(just my opinion). Besides, I shouldn't have to run that for only 450hp. Right? And that is only at the top end.

The sc won't be pushing more than 6psi, 7 tops.

also, great job on your engine bay. It inspires me to step it up another notch.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
As far as water meth goes it actually can't be more simple with the kits they have now, Just 400$ for the aem one is a awesome deal, and as far as tuning for it I was told (don't have mine hooked up yet) to just let it run how the kit is supposed to and tune around it. IJ would have more experience on that subject.
It would be worth looking into because I know now you only may want to make 450 or 500 but is that really going to be enough? Please try to be realistic.:biglaugh:

And thanks for the compliment on my bay. I do custom fab work and traded some for a bunch of braided line and it lead to that. I just am praying that I don't get my hood popped by a cop around here:aigo:
Next step after I get it running is to do a full custom a-arm setup

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Well, 450hp goes a long way on 2800lbs, hopefully 2600. But you're right, once I am there I may want more.
For setup, I meant complicated as how to mount the jet to spray the air stream evenly across all the cylinders. The kit comes with only one jet. Maybe my manifold is what makes it complicated.

For now, I should not need it at 20psi max. If I was running more than 10psi from the sc, then I would use it for sure.

I was hoping IJ would chime in here with some of his wisdom. He probably just wants to say I am wasting time with the sc and it won't give me much gain, it will be more trouble than it is worth. Or I should have just gone 1uz tt. Or maybe not... his absence is a loss.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprahilux;1554432 said:
Well, 450hp goes a long way on 2800lbs, hopefully 2600. But you're right, once I am there I may want more.
For setup, I meant complicated as how to mount the jet to spray the air stream evenly across all the cylinders. The kit comes with only one jet. Maybe my manifold is what makes it complicated.

For now, I should not need it at 20psi max. If I was running more than 10psi from the sc, then I would use it for sure.

I was hoping IJ would chime in here with some of his wisdom. He probably just wants to say I am wasting time with the sc and it won't give me much gain, it will be more trouble than it is worth. Or I should have just gone 1uz tt. Or maybe not... his absence is a loss.
WOW now I'm bagging ideas without saying so...... :nono:

You guys really have the wrong idea about me, I bag things that I consider stupid and always post my reasoning behind it.

I think the SC is a brilliant idea and that was the very first track I went down with my NA car 10 years ago, I scrapped the idea after realising I wouldn't be able to retain all of the Mk3 creature comforts and be able to intercool the SC as there just wasn't enough room in the Mk3 chassis. (actually bought a brand new roots style Yella Terra blower for it)

As for the 1UZ I can't remember EVER suggesting that as an alternative for anyone as to me the effort involved in doing a V8 swap that's only 1000cc bigger just doesn't make sense hence my 6.0L Chev swap.

I'm going to try mine as straight water injection this time with a single 600cc nozzle in the cold IC pipe, in your case I could see Methanol being useful in that it's going to help cool the intake charge, not really sure where I'd introduce it though but my gut feeling would be into each runner post SC like I did on the 7M.

meth15.jpg

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
I new that statement would get me in trouble. As for the 1uz, no you didn't say that. Sorry for putting words in your mouth, it just seemed like you would suggest that b\c the amount of power coming from the sc would put the 7m at the level of a 1uz off the line.(give or take a little) Besides I am already doing a engine swap, I could have just as easily dropped a 1uz instead.

Anyways, that looks expensive, but it may be the only way to get even distribution. Can that be done with the aem kit plus a few more parts? 6 smaller nozzles rather than 1 large. Do I need a solenoid control? Could I do just a straight through distribution block?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You really need the solenoid there as it will pull water through the nozzles when you close the throttle, I used 6x 110cc nozzles and made the distribution block myself so it wasn't all that exe, the lines and fittings were fairly cheap.

What do you mean by "straight through distribution block"??

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
well, you answered the question about the dist block. I meant straight through as in no valve or other control. Sometimes I ask the same question worded differently. The aem kit uses no valve, just a pump and electronic control. Is it intended for use before the throttle body?

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Well, I will start looking into water/meth injection. As in, planning and gathering materials.

zambini;1555067 said:
damn this project is serious!

but.. mustang lights??

I know. As I said before, I would like to do something about that, but there is so much to do. Also I hate doing body work.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
TwinCharged7M Pickup with the complete Supra underpinnings.

WIN!

As for the tails, I'm glad you understand what we're saying, and I'm glad you've got your priorities right, it's just that we, here, have something against Mustang Tail Lights due to a former member who shall remain nameless, *AHEM*noXide*AHEM* Ruined all things with Mustang Tails aside from a Mustang.

I vote 07+ Toyota Tacoma LED tails... when the time is right.

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
Wow definetly subscribed, Glad to see someone is taking the 7M to a whole different level.

By the way your doing a great job! Keep it up man.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
MKiv's are overdone in the custom truck scene. They are or were, when I was into it, put on every kind of truck. There was even a complete kit with buckets and wiring. I don't think I will do those. It is possible though, especially if I really want to add more supra parts to the list. The mk3's would be difficult to match the curve around the corners of the bed. And the mk2's, I just don't know. It seems a little too old school for my taste.

Whatever I do, I hope to get a functional tailgate again. So maybe something on the corners. There was mention of later model tacoma? I'll have to check that out.