How much have you spent on your MkIII

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
I think i'm around about 15k+ for the past 10 years of owning it.

Anyone invested more? edit: and was it worth the spending ;D on your hobby and passion

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
First, I can say that I'm safely over that.

Second, there are folks with well over 50k into their car, *not* including the cost of the car.

Third, adding this up leads to stupid decisions - like selling your car, for instance. Never add up the cost of your hobbies.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Are you serious? I've put $12 000 in, in the past 10 months , and I am far far from anything close to wealthy. My car is my passion so Ive put every spare cent towards it . Things are a bit better now but previously I was broke most of the time , and even then when I saw my car every morning , it made it all worth it...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
aloshan;1762915 said:
Are you serious? I've put $12 000 in, in the past 10 months , and I am far far from anything close to wealthy. My car is my passion so Ive put every spare cent towards it . Things are a bit better now but previously I was broke most of the time , and even then when I saw my car every morning , it made it all worth it...

100% serious, I used to say when people asked how much was in it "All of it" ;)

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
IJ.;1762929 said:
100% serious, I used to say when people asked how much was in it "All of it" ;)

I remember seeing in your pic thread with a bit of motec in there. Those are so expensive >.< the mounting on the cluster gauge blew me away. Makes wonder what you worked as back then.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
7K in two years, but i know that there are much more stuff that need to be fixed, much more money to spend.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
I'm close to $15k myself with plans to spend another $15k+ in the coming years between paint, rims, rebuilding the block, suspension...

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
only a few hundred so far....but then ive only owned it a cple months. just a new battery and audio equipment....if it starts to bleed me ill sell her....and buy a vette lol

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
its not IF its WHEN it starts to bleed you haha ;) you now own a money pit

~ ive spent 6k including cost of car, but barely any of that money was mine. I plan on swapping a 2j so thats about atleast 5k more to be added but that will come out of my own pocket.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
4.4k for the car
1.3k bodyshop
2k on aftermarkets replacement parts
a lot on fuel.
It's only been a year and im a fulltime student

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I'm not adding things up, but I would guesstimate somewhere around $15k (+ cost of car). Most of it fixing (and doing it properly!), very little of it upgrading. Though I guess fixed is an upgrade from broken...

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I have 90% of my reciepts, but I won't add them up unless the car gets written off. Probably spent too much, should have bought someone elses project.

also, if you are starting out, buy a daily driver if you can. being able to work on the car without worrying about having to drive it to work the next day is a lot less stressful. my problem is I want to mod my daily driver now too haha

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I think I'm at $10k including car cost. I've owned it 4 years now. Still have a long ways to go. Probably another 10~15k down the road if I keep the same chassis.

Those who say its a "poor" investment, just compare it to buying a new car, financing it and making payments. In that sense a supra, even a costly one, is a bargain!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk