How much have you made parting out MKIII

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I bought one once, just to part out.
Paid $900 for it, had a bad rod knock.
Sold $1500 worth of parts locally,
and the last guy that came by offered me $300 for what was left......
I doubled my money in about 2 weeks, but it wasn't mear your 3K figure.
And I had to put up with all sorts of phone calls, and people coming by.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Lots of time, question answering, getting items shipped on time....not to mention the condition of the parts on the car.

I've parted a couple myself. The only reason I did is because the cars were pretty well beyond a reasonable re-store, and I got a hell of a deal. I was able to pick up some parts for my own w/ the money I made, but nothing amazing.

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
takes alot of time... and the best parts go first...then you just wait...and wait. if you have alot of goodies on it, i would say it might be worth it to part-out. good luck with your decision.

kracin

Sleeper
Apr 1, 2007
aiea hawaii
im still selling parts from my first car lol... but i would say ive sold well over 2000 from it, including a bare block, bare head, and every last interior piece that was in good condition.

there is an art to selling parts...

oh, and in case you decide to do it.....sign up with fedex online... they have extremely fair shipping prices, you can print your own labels online, pay for it online.. walk into the fedex with your package that was measured and weighed by u at home.. slap the label on it and leave it on the counter... you avoid a TON of shipping hassle this way, i loved it when i sold things.. i have them ready to ship 2 minutes after selling.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
$2000+ in 2 months. Bought the car for $90 and it needed a lot of work (lots engine parts missing, tons of rust, speakers and head unit missing). I used USPS flat-rate boxes a lot, worked great and got my stuff shipped cheap and fast

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Depends on condition of the car:
I bought a mkiii for a hundred bucks, stripped it for parts for me and sold the shell to junk yard for a hundred bucks. Got a lot of great parts for me, and sold parts that I knew would sell to Supramania members, yep, I made money on this car.

Last edited:

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1380484 said:
Cash 4 Clunk it.
Talk the price down on the new car your getting then last minuet throw it in to knock 4500 off that price.

dont do that. like someone said in the ''MKIII Qualifies for the CLUNKER program'' thread our supply of parts is already limited why crush more

cool chuck

I like rims!
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
Well I blew my block to hell. Plus the car had previous body damage...It's cheaper to buy another whole car than to fix the damage correctly. I've made about $1500 parting out so far and I still have some valuable pieces left. It is a pain dealing with the calls, emails, and shipping sometimes but defintely worth it. I was willing to let the car go whole for $1000 and got no bites. Started the part-out, and constantly get requests for stuff.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
so far i've made over 1300 with a couple aftermarket parts here and there. But it was rusted to hell and its been a mess but i like having a parts car and somethin to do. So I'ma get me another parts car and do it again. Once i buy my dd off