How much do you like your city/town??

Freehley

Jun 3, 2007
Kansas
Thought I would add although I dont post much. I live in Manhattan,KS been here for about 18 years, im what they call a townie (i hate that word). First off I have never seen a tornado! screw you wizard of oz! Manhattan is a great town for starting a family, population is somewhere over 50 thousand. Definetly a college town, kansas state where I attend is in the heart of the town, and comprises about half the population during the school year. Little crime, crappy car seen, I think im one of only 3 MIII's around. There really isnt a whole lot to do around here but drink and well thats about it lol. The night life is good though we have a area call Aggieville thats across from the campus where i work as a bartender. Theres somewhere around 10 bars and other little shops. Anyone been to Manhattan?

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
yes, im bringing this post back alive again just to do another rant.

This one has to do with my local car forums in where i live (Corpus Christi, Tx)

I just cannot find some sort of niche there...maybe its me, maybe its my inability to develop and transition into the lifestyle here....But I cannot fully commit to any of my local car forums for various reasons...we have 2 different car local car forums ccstreetscene.com and corpusracing.com . some of these reasons include.

on ccss...its a predominately domestic car site. While there are a few who have respect for respectable imports, there is just a flood gate of dis-like/dis-interest for anything thats not domestic. The site is very one-minded and every argument ends in a "Lets finish the argument in a race from a dig!" as if this is the only form of racing available. Now once again, i dont speak for everyone there, but I do speak for a majority. There is a bit of elitism there.

on corpusracing...its just filled with ricers. Thats really there is all to be said about that site. Its a site ran by kids, for kids, with some of the crappiest turd-like performed vehicles out there. Now its one thing to have a shit-balls car (i dont have much ill-will against that aspect), its the attitude that alot of them carry. Its very immature and juvenile...even for some of the 30 year olds that roam and post in that site have the intelligence of a spoiled grapefruit and the attitude of a 14 year old.

sadly there is nothing inbetween that is more respectable, intelligent, mature and professionally driven/operated. I could very well create this world that i see fit, but I choose not to because of various reasons aside from the obvious...im lazy lol.

anyways, im just ranting at how ridiculous both local car sites are. Im sure there are some that roam here on Supramania that stem from there and might see this...if you are, then hello.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, BESIDES winter I really love Milwaukee. I live 2 minutes from Autocrosses at Miller Park every Brewers away game, I live 45 minutes away from Great Lakes Drag Away 1/4th mile, I live 1 hour away from Road America's 5 mile long race track ect. Live less then an hour way from Chicago, which is cool to visit but not to live ( and IL is one gigantic shit hole ). I live 10 minutes away from a Ferry the goes across Lake Michigan to Michigan in 2.5 hours. I live 1.5 hours away from Wisconsin Dells, a city that is literally a water park ( a huge huge huge water park ). I live less then 50 minutes from Six Flags Great America. Snow would be sweet if I had an AWD beater, which I will. Snow will be sweet when I have Snow board. Snow will be sweet when I have a YMCA membership. That and Wisconsin has THE BEST TAP WATER IN THE WORLD. Seriously it does, if your from WI and you go anywhere else you wonder how the fuck people can drink that shit. I can explain why it does if anyone is curious. Very little emissions here too.

The roads in Milwaukee itself blow, but everything beyond that is nice.

mk4s4bkfst

Banned
Jul 14, 2007
the woodlands, tx
well johnny i will have to agree with you that that area sucks cause i just so happened to grow up in that god forsaken shit hole of land. i lived in calallen until my freshman yr. of high school and then i moved here to the woodlands,tx(just north of houston) and have enjoyed life a whole lot more ever since. i may have been young then but im well aware of the "if it sounds loud, it must be fast" mentality down there. sounds like those douchebags are all grown up and still rule the land down there. bunch of ignorant douechebags. move to houston, diversify lol. :wavey:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
I love my town/city. Vancouver Wa.

we are 2-4 hours from the coast. with the best coastal dunes in the nation. camping, ridding, parties. hiking, and so fourth. sand lake, Florence, winchester, Hauser, coo's bay, north bend, and possibly another i missed are all great camping and ridding spots!

1 hour to MT Hood, were we can ski/board 9 months out of the year.

the Columbia river is a great spot to fish, salmon, trout, sturgeon and probably many more. also can ski ,wake board, and tube. the river is like Glass in the morning.

we are 30 minutes from purchasing stuff Tax free. thank you Oregon!

Seattle is 2 hours away.

Mt Saint Helen's is a sight to see, erupting. lately just steam and such. nothing huge.

there are 4 beautifully lakes on the south side of Saint helens. all of which are warm and glass in the summer.

there's more lakes, streams, creaks, water fall's,and river's in an hour's drive then i could possibly count, or remember.

Our Local drag strip, is PIR, and it's the only city ran drag strip IIRC. and it's 15 minutes from my house.
they do, head's up northwest on Wednesday nights, drifting every other Thursday. and late night drag's every Friday and Saturday night.

the car scene here is awesome. at one point in time i could name off over ten turner shops.
4 of which have put out over 900 hp imports. and 3 have made magazine covers.

smog isn't such a problem here, we have an abundance of tree's ,but at the same time the more people move here, i can admit i have seen it getting worse in the last ten years, but still not as bad as the bay area' and south Cali.

really sorry your town blows. but i cant think of any thing bad about mine. it may rain alot, but for being 300 feet above sea level we do get snow fairly often during the winter, weather it's just a dusting, or a few feet.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Johnny Dangerously;1006812 said:
I could very well create this world that i see fit, but I choose not to because of various reasons aside from the obvious...im lazy lol.

Not willing to carry the load? Listen to this song:

stfu-cassette.jpg

I'm just sayin'...

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Supracentral;1007478 said:
Not willing to carry the load? Listen to this song:

stfu-cassette.jpg

I'm just sayin'...

honestly, i dont even think my idea of what a forum should be like would survive there.

There rarely are any respectable imports in my neighborhood....it would be a population of like....6 and then 6thousand ricers.

good jam, tho.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
To HELL with Miami - fucking people drive like they have a death wish!

Memphis? I used to live in Murfreesboro, TN - I LOVED it there (as I remember)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I like my high school town. Littleton/Centennial, CO. Downtown Denver is 30 min away, Mountains are ~45 mins away, mild weather year round(though it gets cold in the winter every so often), hardly any illegal immigrants (probably around 90% middle-upper class white people), low theft, vandalism.. etc. I dont really have anything to complain about other than the fact that the minimum for ANY moving violation in traffic is $100.

Even with that fact though, I've never been pulled over in Centennial. :)

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
I have lived in many places due to me being a military brat. I would say I like san diego the most. However, there are drawbacks like any other place. But for the most part its an awesome place except for the cost of living and amount of bs cali laws.

supraLou22

Apr 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
im in brooklyn, ny it has its good and bad. their to many cars on the road and no open road. No drag strips or tracks.too many cops.
their are way to many people hooking up hondas.....I hate that. Not to many real sport cars.

Alot of people willing to take you on no matter what you have.