How much do you like your city/town??

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Im just a bit curious here as to what people think of the area they live in.

I currently live in Corpus Christi, Tx. If youre generally older in age and love to fish with other old people, then Corpus Christi is the place for you. If youre Mexican and dont mind working 90 hours a week for 8 months and then being laid off for 4 of them while collecting unemployment and doing the "temp agency" gig for a bit, then Corpus Christi is right up your alley.

If you enjoy seeing an incredible teen pregnancy rate is ranked #1 and #2 in the NATION (yes, overpowering major cities) for many many many years and many more to come, this is your town.

75% of the people here do not have car insurance

Shit load more are illegal immigrants.

Alot of old people are running this God Forsaken town and do not want to bring in any attractions or updates in which could potentially beautify this city. We've turned down waterparks, larger vacation spots, bunch of attractions, more stores, larger malls and better roads.

The Car scene here is so incredibly weak is pretty much boils down to two categories. Drama-queen ricers that are so mechanically inept that you want to scratch your eyes out...and the Domestics who are still caught up in the "imports suck, regardless of what it is" mentality. There is only 2 hang outs...both of which are very pathetic.

There isnt a drag strip close to us by 160miles.

The roads here are horrendous....

fuck, i need to move! Which really sucks because I do have some really great friends here and Ive established quite a bit in my social dynamics in regards to knowing alot of people, throwing great parties, etc. etc.....

but this place just plain out sucks...coming from Chicago and moving into this is a serious downgrade. so depressing.

anywho, i needed to vent...hows your town/city?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I think every town has it's drawbacks. I could go on and on about how my town sucks, but I choose not to. Are there any good points to Corpus Christi?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I like where I live (Canberra, Australia - Nation's capital), however it is not Sydney, and never will be.

Both have their pros and cons, but at the moment, I am very happy here :)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Johnny Dangerously;974574 said:
Im just a bit curious here as to what people think of the area they live in.

I currently live in Corpus Christi, Tx. If youre generally older in age and love to fish with other old people, then Corpus Christi is the place for you. If youre Mexican and dont mind working 90 hours a week for 8 months and then being laid off for 4 of them while collecting unemployment and doing the "temp agency" gig for a bit, then Corpus Christi is right up your alley.

If you enjoy seeing an incredible teen pregnancy rate is ranked #1 and #2 in the NATION (yes, overpowering major cities) for many many many years and many more to come, this is your town.

75% of the people here do not have car insurance

Shit load more are illegal immigrants.

Alot of old people are running this God Forsaken town and do not want to bring in any attractions or updates in which could potentially beautify this city. We've turned down waterparks, larger vacation spots, bunch of attractions, more stores, larger malls and better roads.

The Car scene here is so incredibly weak is pretty much boils down to two categories. Drama-queen ricers that are so mechanically inept that you want to scratch your eyes out...and the Domestics who are still caught up in the "imports suck, regardless of what it is" mentality. There is only 2 hang outs...both of which are very pathetic.

There isnt a drag strip close to us by 160miles.

The roads here are horrendous....

fuck, i need to move! Which really sucks because I do have some really great friends here and Ive established quite a bit in my social dynamics in regards to knowing alot of people, throwing great parties, etc. etc.....

but this place just plain out sucks...coming from Chicago and moving into this is a serious downgrade. so depressing.

anywho, i needed to vent...hows your town/city?

I have about the same thing in Yuma, AZ.

There is a weak car scene, high car theft rate, it is a drug trafficking town, a border town with tons of illegals and migrant workers for the farms.
Old people drive down from the northern US and Canada, and they multiply the population during the winter [when the weather is nice]. A few are nice, but many come here and think that the revenue they bring to the local economy justifies treating locals like garbage. They drive around town in their RVs, sometimes with their nice little [better on gas than the RV] car hitched on the back, and cut you off. Rush hour times to get home are extended, especially if you work at one of the bases and have to get downtown. Some of them drive golf carts and dune-buggies on the public roads, and if you ever thought that the stereotype of elderly drivers was unfair and discriminatory, this is the place to change your mind. When they finally leave, it is late spring and hotter than hell.

Basically, this town has many good things, but the bad things really lean me towards pessimism; they are situation dependent, and the situation never deviates enough to let you really enjoy the good things.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
LilMissMkIII;974595 said:
I like where I live (Canberra, Australia - Nation's capital), however it is not Sydney, and never will be.

Both have their pros and cons, but at the moment, I am very happy here :)

Wouldn't have anything to do with a paint-and-body guy would it?

I moved this weekend from the fair town of Dumas Tx. 3 cops and 6 illegal immigrants for every citizen. Good main roads patrolled by overzealous cops hell-bent on justifing their existance. Horrible secondary roads, with 2 dips at every intersection. And to top it all off..my ex wife lives there.

now for the new town.Moved into a lakehouse in Fritch TX. The town Ron White is from. The new girlfriend owns a quilting shop there. This says a lot about the town, If a town of a few hundred people can support a quilt shop,., it means a LOT of these people are ancient women.There was a murder three blockd away from my house 2 nights ago.Drug related, of course. Now the good part, the hoa owns the streets in my area...this means no law enforcement unless someone calls them in. this means you can blast around a few miles of private roads in your un tagged, stickered, or insured supra at ungodly hours and speeds with no fear of getting in trouble, just look out for little old ladys in their golf carts. And not in front of my house.(who knows, perhaps no law enforcement has something to do with the meth problem?)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The DFW area is sucking...

Car scene is sucking, the cops are sucking, it's the fastest growing metro area in the country, and the idiots are arriving in droves.

And if one more asshole in an SUV cuts me off, tailgates me, or puts another dent in my damn car in a parking lot I'm going to start walking around with a tire iron and leaving them sitting on the ground...

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Poodles;974612 said:
And if one more asshole in an SUV cuts me off, tailgates me, or puts another dent in my damn car in a parking lot I'm going to start walking around with a tire iron and leaving them sitting on the ground...

If I may borrow a quote from Joe: You mad?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dunckel: Got in an accident cause of one, my only good front fender was ruined cause of the rich assholes that don't look while backing up in their SUV's...

Yes, I'd say I'm quite mad when they can't even park the fuckers.

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
I really like my town except for:

10-22-2007.nsw_22PortArthur.GB428QVII.1.jpg

Port Arthur is home to 5/10 of the nation's top polluters. Inhaling toxic chemicals is a fact of life here.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Dunckel;974593 said:
I think every town has it's drawbacks. I could go on and on about how my town sucks, but I choose not to. Are there any good points to Corpus Christi?

the only thing decent here is the weather 7 months out of the year (October-April) is pretty good.

There is little to no traffic alot of times...however, this city is growing, so its begining to change.

I take a 3 mile long bridge almost everyday and its great for highway runs and test n tune.

the fishing is amazing. I like to do some deep sea charter fishing.

thats it...everything generally sucks major balls.

One thing that especially bad here, and Drunk Medic touched based on this in his post, is the Car theft and petty crimes. We are ranked one of the highest cities in petty crimes (cars being broken into, things stolen, etc.) and cars here are stolen so much because they bring them into Mexico and sell em there. pretty lame....even happens in the good neighborhoods.

oh well..when I get the opportunity, id wanna move to the texas hill country like inbetween San Antonio and Austin or in Austin....much more my kind of scene there...except water. All my life, ive lived near big bodies of water...i can live without it a bit.

poodlesbeterhlf

Mar 24, 2008
Keller, TX
Besides the asshole drives there is also nothing to do in our town. and if you try to drive somewhere the traffic will get you in a couple of hours worth of trouble

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
suprakid24;974804 said:
I think you forgot to mention the people here don't know how to drive, and if you did, then I am going to say it again.

People here suck at driving.

word up, brotha. I also cannot stand the ricers!!!! OHH the humanity...but ricers exist no matter where you go...some just are more than others. I think we are pretty high up there in ricer count...at least ricer ratio per capita.

Seriously, i dont hang out with really any of the Corpusracing crew because most of them are: Immature, dumb, ricer-ific

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
^^oh please, i remember you telling me how much you loved Fargo and were listing all its greatness.

then i went on a lil rant of how gangs would never represent fargo like they were hardcore lol

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I live in the middle of no-where NJ. Its like a 30 min drive in any direction to get anywhere. I'm stationed at a military base (live like 10 mins from base). I guess it isn't too bad. Just putting the miles on my car sucks.