how much boost on stock pcv system?

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Long story short my current pcv setup may be the cause of lots of oil leaks. I am currently running 15psi. If I set the pcv system back to stock will this pressurize my crankcase even more, or will it flow as intended. Thanks alot.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I don't understand why a properly setup PCV system would cause oil leaks at all.

FWIW I ran 15psi daily on two hoses to the can and one from the can to the intake pre-turbo to provide vacuum. Show us your setup and we can help you. I'm sure there is a flaw somewhere.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The valve covers go to the NA pcv pipe, then a single hose into the catch can. One hose goes from the catch can into my accordian pipe. The throttle body nipple is blocked off. The catch can never gets any oil in it, so for whatever reason its not ventilating properly and decides to blow out my valve cover seals.

If I blow through the hose that plugs into the accordian pipe it holds pressure until I open the oil cap. So the pathway isnt blocked, and theres no leak in the system. It just isn't getting enough vaccum I assume. Thats why I want to hook the stock pressure line back up if it won't pressurize my crankcase.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If the motor has more blowby then the PCV system can flow you can pressurise the crankcase causing leaks.....

You can either correct the blowby or increase the fitting and hose sizes to flow more.
(This is all assuming you have it plumbed correctly to begin with)

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Its an old motor so the blowby probably is excessive. I"m sure the pcv is plumbed correctly, just like how everyone else does it. I"ll try larger lines to see if that helps. Even at idle I can watch vapors coming out of pcv hose, so I know its at least partially ventilating.