how many tickets does it take?

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
How many SPEEDING tickets have you gotten over the years? This is just for speeding or unsafe speed. How many at one time? I just got my 82nd I think. Pretty sure. Its a bummer cause as I type this out i remember I have to pay it today!

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
You have 82 speeding tickets? Omfg... someone needs to take your license away

I've gotten 1 speeding ticket, over 3 years ago

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i've gotten 12 surcharges... but like 14 tickets, most for exhaust, lane chance violation (bullshit all the time) and a few speeding. highest was 110 in a 55 (highway overpass) was $750 and 3 surcharges, i got it reduced to $100 and surcharge.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I think I've had 4 tickets, all photo radar, all more than 4 years ago.

to the OP, what the fuck is the matter with you?

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
adampecush;1174089 said:
I think I've had 4 tickets, all photo radar, all more than 4 years ago.

to the OP, what the fuck is the matter with you?

HAHAHA I know its kinda alot. None of them are on my record. I pay a lot to my liars, i mean lawyers. I have three in the last month. No one ever in a Supra tho.

frax

Mar 24, 2007
los alamos
I have had no speeding tickets. But got a reckless driving for swerving around a large pothole. Yay for being a teenager in a supra (at the time)

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
I have had two.

One for rolling through a stop sign at 1am on a country road.

Second for racing on the highway...got clocked at 88 in a 65. Apparently, if a buddy of yours is next to you and speeding it is racing. Still have to go to court for that one.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
When I was 16, the sixth day I had my license, I got a ticket for street racing and 90 in a 45(automatic 6mos license suspension).. Luckily I got it dropped completely because I know a few cops. I think i've gotten 3 tickets total but they were all over 4 years ago and only 1 counted. I got the others dropped.

82 tickets?? I think it's time you lose your license for a while..

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
03bamaGT;1174168 said:
Second for racing on the highway...got clocked at 88 in a 65. Apparently, if a buddy of yours is next to you and speeding it is racing. Still have to go to court for that one.
That's easy to fight, just tell the judge that if you were racing, the ticket would have been for 150mph, not some bullshit 88. What does the cop think you're driving, a Lada?

82 speeding tickets, hmm? How many accidents?

I don't give a damn about speeding tickets, the entire 'speed kills' line is BS. Stupid driving kills, end of story. If you are capable of driving at speed without getting into or causing accidents, fine.

If you're a danger on the road, that's another story.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I've been driving for ... lemme count ... 24 years, and I've had maybe 5 speeding tickets. I can only remember 3 offhand, and the last one was well over a decade ago. And no, I don't drive the speed limit and I don't use a radar detector. There are some benefits to being an old guy in a dark blue Supra. :D

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Grim

lol

I think it has to do with actually doing what I do.. .paying attention to the entire situation and always scanning.

Everytime I have gotten stopped for speeding it was because my attention was not on the road. 4 tickets over 18 years. Last one was in March as I was not paying attention. And I do not drive the speed limit but also do not drive like a complete dumbass. No accidents btw.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
GrimJack;1174215 said:
That's easy to fight, just tell the judge that if you were racing, the ticket would have been for 150mph, not some bullshit 88. What does the cop think you're driving, a Lada?

82 speeding tickets, hmm? How many accidents?

I don't give a damn about speeding tickets, the entire 'speed kills' line is BS. Stupid driving kills, end of story. If you are capable of driving at speed without getting into or causing accidents, fine.

If you're a danger on the road, that's another story.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I've been driving for ... lemme count ... 24 years, and I've had maybe 5 speeding tickets. I can only remember 3 offhand, and the last one was well over a decade ago. And no, I don't drive the speed limit and I don't use a radar detector. There are some benefits to being an old guy in a dark blue Supra. :D

He never said that he gotten 82 speeding tickets, maybe you should reread?

kotu100;1174074 said:
i've gotten 12 surcharges... but like 14 tickets, most for exhaust, lane chance violation (bullshit all the time) and a few speeding. highest was 110 in a 55 (highway overpass) was $750 and 3 surcharges, i got it reduced to $100 and surcharge.