How long is too long...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
sure, looking back...

I've always thought the local owners were cool with stuff like this. It isn't like it's a ton of money, he need the parts for an upcoming meet and I'm sure he doesn't pull in six figures a year and I'm an hour plus from where the parts (mint black hood and targa-$75 for both, more than fair) so I said take them and pay me later. Original agreement was a week or two, but now it's been over a month.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I'd say open a trade dispute. It sucks, but maybe it will get his attention and get you paid. A month is way to long to wait for payment on parts that have already been delivered.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
DreamerTheresa;1329563 said:
It never would have left my possession without payment.

Ditto.

Neodeuccio;1329595 said:
I'd say open a trade dispute. It sucks, but maybe it will get his attention and get you paid. A month is way to long to wait for payment on parts that have already been delivered.

Good advice.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
aye mate;1329583 said:
Do you prefer Nipples or Penis? Because you're a sucker.

Just another reason to start being a dick... So I'm not really complaining. If it's $75 to learn my lesson, I'd say it's fairly cheap. A few members have total access to my dads shop and everything... Take that away from them for this and it will deffinitely get their attention.

I'll open a dispute when I get home... It's too difficult on my phone.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Is the guy a friend? Have you let him know that you Need your money? If one of my local Supra friends needs something to make his car go, he is more than welcome to come get it if I have an extra, and pay me when he can. I actually have this situation right now. The guys turbo went out and I let him come get it, and he paid me half what I wanted, and I told him to get me the other half when he can. He soon lost his job, and it has been almost 6 months. He's a buddy, I'm not pissed at all. Someone else on this board that I consider a good friend gave me a fantastic deal on the turbo I have now. Every situation is different. If you are not happy, let him know it. If he does not respond to that, start a dispute. But, be warned, if he was a friend, that may be the reason that friendship changes.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
you people have local supra friends, lucky.
I wish i had problems like that i cant find any 1jz'ers in oxford/cincinnati.
on the other hand I hate when it takes a month to get a payed for part. but ya do something to get him to at least to explain

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I gave a guy on here a 1jz manifold for half what I paid for it and it wasn't a month old. He needed it, and I didn't. I told him to pay me when he had the money because he was broke. The part was just sitting in my garage and wan't doing me any good. I don't make a living off of selling supra parts. Three months later and I see him on here posting. I sent him a pm and asked how things were going to see if he had the money. He said he would pay pal me the money that night. It's been three months now and I still don't have it. I think I told him $75.00 shipped and the shipment was $25.00. I paid over $180.00 for the part. If he needs the money and doesn't have it to spare then I'm not going to worrry about it. My bills are paid and I have groceries in the cabinets so no big deal. If my kids were hungry, it would be different.
I did however lose a lot of respect that I had for this member and his seventy five dollars can't buy that back.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'll add that communication is key... if he's ignoring you it's completely different than if he's saying he doesn't have the money right now...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ I'm kinda with Jay on it (although I'm not out shipping).

I'm don't think it should be up to me to be hounding him for the money. If I owe someone money, I pay it to them as soon as I can. Maybe he's helping pay rent, or buying groceries, or doing blow... I don't know or care.

I'll just make the post in the buy/seller feedback and be done.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
It's $75, Not really much money...

He's the one texting me with random tech questions or asking for help. He needs me a lot more than I need him. If it's worth not having me available to keep his $75, so be it.

I just wanted to make a dispute so that a)I get paid or b)noone else is trusting enough to wait for him to pay. He's young and I understand he's got a lot going on, but a little communication would be nice.

A smudge on my name isn't worth $75.

*edit*
Can;t even do that since it was mid-meet thread and not a WTB/FS thread.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I sell a bunch of parts, almost all of the time. I sell for profit, plain and simple. I do not ever ship something without first being paid before it leaves. There are a very select few people on here who I consider good enough friends to give them just about any part I have that I am not using. If it is a high dollar part, they usually understand if I need to sell it. For those few people, I will and have shipped parts at no charge, and they have done the same for me. I do not have to capitalize on every single part I ever touch. Even when I sell parts, I usually sell on the lower end of what something normally sells for, instead of holding out for top dollar. This is a great community, and I try to give a little something back if I can.

I wouldn't call that being a doormat.

The guy I used as an example is considered a friend. He also bought a car from me. The turbo I gave him was sitting in my shed not being used.