How I spent this months allowance .......

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Toyota never made a belt driven interference motor. It isnt too bad of a design. Just make sure to replace WP everytime t-belt gets changed.

As for 7MGTE progress...
Got the other engine pulled and apart. First time I have ever seen a good 7M composite head gasket. Will send the head out for surface prep this week. Get everything ready for a MHG and should reassemble this weekend.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Well this is just going to be a text update.
Both motors have been torn down and gone through. The NA motor is back together and in the black car. There is still a lot of electrical work to be done to get it running again. It seemed the more I took apart the more stuff I found wrong with the car. Hopefully it will be running by the end of the week and I can start work on my car. Still waiting on the head to come back from the mahine shop.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Another month, another hurdle.
Finally got the black car running! It almost got the best of me going through all the electrical challenges this car had for me. Replaced engine and rear body harness. Had to repair most of the wiring at the interior fuse box. Rewire the dash harness. Add all the body work that was done and it was a most challenging little project. The owner will just be happy to drive it again after a year.

p1022961_1.jpg

p1022961_2.jpg

p1022961_3.jpg

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
soundwave2000;1033345 said:
Is that the same car I was thinking about buying before I bought yours? If so maybe I shoud have bought it too.

Be very glad you didnt. On top of the BHG it had when Dennis purchased it, it has been plaqued with a youth with a bad stereo obsesion that had NFC what he was doing. The engine wiring was just the tip of the iceburg in this one. The only thing I havent removed from the car are the front and rear suspension cradles.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Not much to commnet on this month. I have mostly been polishing things under the hood and the wheels. Also purchased an intercooler and IC pipes from Driftmotion, 3" DDP from 935 Motorsports and a Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Am assembling the block and head. Still have to drill and tap the exhaust studs before I put the head onto the block. ARPs and MHG are on the block waiting for me to finish the head.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
The polishing looks good my friend ;) I hope some of my suggestions helped make that easier. Im a big fan of shiney parts in the engine bay. :love:

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
theWeezL;1058057 said:
The polishing looks good my friend ;) I hope some of my suggestions helped make that easier. Im a big fan of shiney parts in the engine bay. :love:

The suggestions came in handy on the intake. The ginder was a bit big however but still made the work go faster than the Dremel did. On the wheels however, it is the best. If you notice one wheel is still scuffed and the other is taking on a mirror shine. Still have 2 more I havent started on.

This evening I am going to attempt fininshing the engine assembly. Got the head assembled and set on the block last night. Still have to torque it down and install manifolds from there. Expect pics on next update.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yes for tight places the big grinder is a bit of an overkill and a little hard to wield. There are 2" versions of the stripping pads that have a standard adapter to fit a drill or angle grinder. I used my air die grinder and the little pads to do more of the intricate work. Another useful tool is a bench grinder with a muslin polishing wheel fitted to it. It works real nice for getting into crevices on the final polish step.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I didnt get the engine assembled as promised...yet. I did receive a package of goodies I had ordered. Although they will fit well with my build, they didnt quite fit the theme.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Off for som ecleaning and polishing. Step one.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Step two.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ready for install.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
7MsuprO;1058814 said:
sweet man! Can I have those back now? lol jk but they look great.

I figured you would want to see how they came out.

MK3.0dudeman;1058815 said:
great work.I can't wait to see the motor when it's done.also that first pic of the black car with the burgandy door looks hot in a odd way.

I cant wait to see the motor when its done! I wish I would be more methodical when I take things apart these days. I disassembled this motor in March and have done 2 more since then. All my nuts and bolts were just dropped into one bin. It is so much fun trying to figure out what goes to what motor 3 months later.

That black car is about to go home to its owner who will be very glad to have a running Supra. Even with the odd colored panels.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
LMAO!!

I remember when those cars were selling for new out on the Pike! Al finally had to give in and get the last 2 painted a solid color to sell them.