How I spent this months allowance .......

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Another month, another update...
This month I I had to step back and pour a little money into my daily driver. It is an 89 Celica ST. It needed a little engine refresh. It got .020 pistons, new oil pump, new radiator and rebuilt head. Assembled the engine this weekend. Should have it dropped back into the car this week and running again. This will allow me to tear the Supra and start doing some real work....maybe.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Would you beleive this water pump has less than 500 miles on it?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
This month went back to the Supra. Started with tearing down the turbo engine I picked up. Was able to 100% confirm BHG.

p947110_1.jpg

p947110_2.jpg

p947110_3.jpg

p947110_4.jpg

The claim was that they had just replaced the HG the month before and it still overheated. They ordered one of the Ebay motors and I got this one for cheap.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Then I got an entire turbo motorset to swap over to my car. Originally the guy wanted to swap cars. After looking at his I decided that was a no go. Then he proposed swapping drivetrains. My NA motorset for his turbo motorset. His is suffering major wiring problems and mine runs fine. After some consideration it is underway.

Here are some pics of his car and why I didnt want to do a car trade.

p947116_1.jpg

p947116_2.jpg

p947116_3.jpg

p947116_4.jpg

p947116_5.jpg

p947116_6.jpg

p947116_7.jpg

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Yikes, that looks worse than the harness that was in my car. You should be able to pick a decent used one up for $100-150 and be ready to rock...

The black on blue color scheme is definitely a no-go :thumbsdow

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Have already found another harness and ECM for myself. The pictures really didnt capture how crap-tacular the black paint is. It was either a rattle can or sprayed on with too much pressure. Really bad orange-peel going on. Plus the mouldings are painted black as well. The door pic was taken straight on. That is how far it drops when opened. Much like many older Chevrolets.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Am in the process of getting the turbo engine out now. Everytime I take soething out of the way that harness and engine install looks uglier.

A little background on the turbo car. He bought the car and immediately blew a HG. Had that reapired and drove for almost a year when it blew again. This time the shop (which will remain nameless for now) talked him into getting one of the Ebay low mileage motors. They swapped the motor in and botched the wiring from there. It only ran for 3 days since the motor install. He has spent an embarasing amount of money and even more time trying to fix it with no success.

More taken apart pics in a few when I get them sorted and uploaded.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
The pics as promised.

These wires are just rubbing metal and have been taped together. No telling what is hiding under the tape.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Some of the most excellent splice jobs ever.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I always hate when the lock tabs get in the way.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Another wire just running around metal. This one is exposed.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I dont want to know.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
that right there is the main reason I do all the work on my car myself no shop is getting near my car except to tune it and I will be right there then....Im very picky when it comes to my car...

also I hope he knows an n/a will blow headgaskets too if run hard and mistreated though not as much as a turbo car will but its so much easier to install metal headgasket right once than to install headgasket after headgasket you will spend alot more money in the long run trying to go the cheap way in these cars than you would to do it right the first time..

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
damn that's ugly! i cleaned up allllll my wires before hand. soldered, heat shrinked, loomed and then taped. i think wiring is fun, but that just looks terrible

-t3d

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
lol at the black wire. I had that too on mines. Is it connected to a brown wire on the cps plug. I found mines leading to the ecu. Connected to another black wire which I think was the ground wire.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
After seeing the motor in person, its mechanicaly pristine...but the wire harness is fubar. That "black" supra is in poor shape as well...glad you didn't swap cars.

I forgot to grab those heat sheilds, but the 3000 pipe will be finished soon! What color do you want the 3000 lettering?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Kckazdude;917837 said:
Would you beleive this water pump has less than 500 miles on it?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Christ, not another engine with the water pump on the timing belt. That has to be the worst idea ever, especially for any engine that is interference(not sure if the celicas is). Water pump seizes, shreds the timing belt, piston slams into valves.:3d_frown:

Other than that good luck on the 7MGTE.