How far can I push stock fueling?

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I have a question for you guys, I searched the boards and couldn't find a similar setup to what I'm looking at doing. I was wondering how far I can push the stock fueling on around 10psi. I currently have a GReddy ProfecB-II for my boost controller, a 57ct and a cone filter (on a freshly rebuilt short block with arp head studs and a cometic 1.4mm head gasket).

I dynoed this setup on a weak diff at 222rwhp@~11psi last spring, the tail sniffer they used said at full boost my afr was at about 10.30 which is really rich (but from what I hear those things are garbage). So what I'm looking to do is run ~10psi on stock fueling with the same setup but add a full 3" exhaust (and get a wideband to monitor the true afr) and maybe a new intercooler and hard pipes. I'm hoping to hit close to 300whp like this, any thoughts? I have a BIC DDP that is going to go on the car, I just don't want to mess with the fueling until I go stand alone and I hope that this will be a fun safe build in the meantime. I daily it at ~7psi and only turn it up occasionally.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The stock pump and lines have the capacity for 300rwhp. Just don't go much past it. When you do, get the pump, think about the old wiring to the pump and look at the conditions of the lines.

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
Its good to know the pump is the first weak link in the fuel system, I have a wallbro that I guess I should put in when I get a chance. But do you guys think it will hit 300rwhp with my proposed setup, I have head that a 3" exhaust can lead to huge power gains.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Yes exhaust does help but most of it is that the turbo starts breathing better and makes more boost with a full 3inch turbo back exhaust.

but 300rwhp is around the max of the ct-26 in it's stock form. you will need to be on at least 13lbs with intake and something to tune you also will need to do the lexus/550 mod if you want to avoid fuel cut

But please make sure you are full stage zero so you don;t end up breaking your car

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Stage zero?

Are we srt4's now?

Walbro and 12v mod for now. I did that web when my supra was completly stock. Highly recommend it.

I would over build my fuel setup then under build it. For obvious reasons

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Turbo Habanero;1811152 said:
...but 300rwhp is around the max of the ct-26 in it's stock form...

He's not on a stock CT- he said he's on a 57 trim.
And I can't believe you only hit 222hp on 11psi, Hatchet.
I made 260whp on a stock ct with only 8psi. Maybe your afr's were even richer than reported.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I agree, those numbers are messed. I was doing right around 300rwhp @11psi on a CT26 57-trim and the only thing other than a good exhaust (downpipe cat delete 3" custom straight back) was 2.5" intercooler hardpipes. When it was switched to the divorced downpipe it added just enough that the car started hitting fuel cut and I didn't get a dyno reading after that.

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
Yeah,the exhaust on the car is a 2.5" garage special right now, and that's the reason I'm practically killing for a 3". Another big reason why the power was down was cause the diff was on its last legs. radiod, you were hitting fuel cut at 11psi Dang, maybe I'll hold off on the intercooler stuff for a while and just do the fuel pump and exhaust.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
My car made 320rwhp on a stock CT and stock injectors. AFRs were still rich, so it will likely make more once its tuned properly and issues fixed.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
hatchet9mm;1811229 said:
radiod, you were hitting fuel cut at 11psi Dang, maybe I'll hold off on the intercooler stuff for a while and just do the fuel pump and exhaust.

The car was running pig rich, so I'm sure it could have been tuned out with an SAFC or equivelant, but I just didn't get that far unfortunately. Too many other more important things had to be fixed before I could even think of "go faster" parts and sold it before I got to that point.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
hatchet9mm;1811147 said:
Its good to know the pump is the first weak link in the fuel system, I have a wallbro that I guess I should put in when I get a chance. But do you guys think it will hit 300rwhp with my proposed setup, I have head that a 3" exhaust can lead to huge power gains.

Only because it is 20 years old. Or older. Most don't last that long because they don't have low speed operation. Stock has decent capacity also.

Albert;1811162 said:
I would over build my fuel setup then under build it. For obvious reasons

Correct. There is a road less traveled, and a road well traveled. No reason not to follow what works. Fuel system, cooling system, maintenance, then go fast parts.

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Nick M;1811469 said:
Correct. There is a road less traveled, and a road well traveled. No reason not to follow what works. Fuel system, cooling system, maintenance, then go fast parts.

:bigthumb: