how do you supra guys feel about UNIVERSAL 5 lug rims over normal 5 lugs???

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
just curious to see what you guys thought about this...i am NOT a fan of universal rims but i guess is can look decent with the right rims

-t3d

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
i have some multi lug rims i hate it but i have my race tires mounted on the stock ones so i cant drive on them and i picked them up cheap with tires on them just till i can get a set of rims i like. im picky as fuck on rims. if you get rims dont get multi lug just screams, i had to have rims and i couldnt wait so i bought these cheapos.

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
my opinion is not only do they look cheap and ugly, but they look to weak to handle the kind of power the supra puts down, or can put down anyway. seriously though. I would be to scared you would have problems with them cracking around the center. I guess if you have like a little daewoo or even honda it might be nothing to worry bout.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Lots of hateraide drinkers in this thread...

At least it's not the 4 and 5 lug universals (now THOSE are ugly). It's about symmetry. On my wheels it looks fine since they're 10 spoke, they look goofy on others.

supra0022;1550347 said:
my opinion is not only do they look cheap and ugly, but they look to weak to handle the kind of power the supra puts down, or can put down anyway. seriously though. I would be to scared you would have problems with them cracking around the center. I guess if you have like a little daewoo or even honda it might be nothing to worry bout.

Have a look at the back of a wheel before you say that. Hint: it's usually hollowed out between the lugs.

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
Have a look at the back of a wheel before you say that. Hint: it's usually hollowed out between the lugs.[/QUOTE]

I have had a look at the back of a wheel, and I know that they are hollowed out. But there is a difference between being slightly shallower in depth versus being completely drilled through leaving an open space, therefore leaving a smaller area to handle the stresses involved increasing the potential for failure. Its ok though. I understand, you own some and feel offended. No one was trying to offend you. peace.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
50200142-2T.jpg

I own these, and like them.
WOW on the vehemence in this thread, because wheels have an extra set of holes, lol.
"if those were on my car, I'd stab the eyes from my head so I didn't have to see the sacrilege! "...

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
The multi 5 doesn't look bad at all. Also, I know there are some that have center caps or covers for the middle section and if that's the case, does it matter? I'd PREFER getting the proper fitment myself, but a multi 5 pattern wouldn't completely put me off a set of wheels.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
It's all a matter of opinion, you can't expect everyone to like them. Get what ever you want and like.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
redmaro;1550609 said:
It's all a matter of opinion, you can't expect everyone to like them. Get what ever you want and like.

+1

To answer your question, I don't like them. I don't like it when wheels are designed to have caps either. That is why I'm gonna get a set that has the things that I do like, and you should get something that meets your needs (what ever you define that as), too. It's money wasted and will cause you to regret it if you don't.