How do you make headlights "wink"

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
Hey guys, is there a way we can make our headlights "wink"? is there already a thread on it? (i couldnt find it if there is.. sorry)

i dont wanna hear how stupid this may be or why i may wanna do it. just want the answer no bs thanks :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
No, not flash to pass. He wants it to look like a malfunction, just like he said. He doesn't care how stupid it looks. That is why he said it. I wonder if he punches himself in the face so his eyelids are half shut. 'Cause that is cool too...

Supra Junky 101

89 1JZ.
Apr 4, 2005
NH
1.Turn your headlights on, then shut the ignition off.
2.Grab a milk crate, or a 5 gallon bucket.. depending on your height.
3.Climb onto that bucket, make sure you're wearing your freshest tim's.
4.Then stomp on the headlight covers. They will go down, to whichever height you desire.

After this, repeat steps 1-4 until you get the desired winking effect.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
While I completely disagree with whatever the hell you're trying to do, simply unplug one of your headlight motors, turn the knob a couple of times, and plug her back in...

your headlights will no longer be in sync, and close/open at different positions...

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
Easiest way to get a "winking" car, is to buy an 80's American made car that had pop up headlights, like the Fiero, Firebird, Probe, etc. I see a lot of them on the road with one headlight stuck (broken), and in the up position. Hell, some even have both headlights stuck (broken) in the up position.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Nick M;1590405 said:
No, not flash to pass.
IIRC Mine don't flash if you just blip the hande. They go up and as the handle is already in a normal position, they just go back down (though that can't be really called winking...it's just toooo slow of a process).
Or does he want a certain function when the lights are already up? :D I'm probably misunderstanding.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Do you mean the "sleepy eye" look?

RazoE;1590410 said:
Simply unplug one of your headlight motors, turn the knob a couple of times, and plug her back in...

your headlights will no longer be in sync, and close/open at different positions...

^X2

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
RazoE;1590410 said:
While I completely disagree with whatever the hell you're trying to do, simply unplug one of your headlight motors, turn the knob a couple of times, and plug her back in...

He is looking for sleepy eyes...not down syndrome lights.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I guess first we'd need to define what "wink" means.

Do you mean wink, as in one headlight goes on and off?
funny-pictures-yes-the-cat-knows-his-headlight-is-out.jpg

Do you mean wink, as in one headlight stays closed and the other pops up?
Picture_364.jpg

Do you mean that idiotic sleepy eye thing?
1245870998-28300-0.jpg

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
Lmao oops I'll be more specific .. Umm I mean both headlights on/up and one headlight close for a sec then re-opening like a human wink haha
no sleepy we crap :)

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
I think I know what the OP's asking about. It was a ninety's thing. My 88 Celica GTS had 2 buttons on the dash that would turn each motor on and off independently and would bypass the relay. It was fun being able to to make just 1 light move day or night. It was also entertaining to turn the fogs off at night and pull my friends over. If I remember correctly you had to cross 2 wires on the motor harness.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
RazoE;1590410 said:

kamikazemkiii;1590453 said:
Do you mean the "sleepy eye" look?

^X2

Are you sure this works? ;)