How are your stores ammo shelves looking in your state?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Gotcha. The perception of the term seems to be the big sticking point for everyone.

I'm hoping to stop by sportsmans warehouse again this weekend to check again for ammo. I'll report back if i have any luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprarx7nut;1927087 said:
Holy cow, those are crazy high. Lol, why are people still buying that? That's just dumb.

I gotta find these people. I have a bridge to sell.

Yup. It's why they keep selling it that high. The $980 was sold in under a day...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, I wonder if the fact people are BUYING ammo at these prices (and seem to keep doing it) will cause the prices to just stay there? After all, something is only worth what people are willing to pay...

As for me, I've decided to buy a box or two for each of the guns we have per month, just to slowly stock up. Seems a lot cheaper in the long run than dumping a grand on a big box at current prices.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1931374 said:
You know, I wonder if the fact people are BUYING ammo at these prices (and seem to keep doing it) will cause the prices to just stay there? After all, something is only worth what people are willing to pay...

As for me, I've decided to buy a box or two for each of the guns we have per month, just to slowly stock up. Seems a lot cheaper in the long run than dumping a grand on a big box at current prices.

The people buying it are mostly first timers and the people who are still freaking out....so basically when their CC bills get back to them in a few months...shit is going to plummet...it kinda already has begun. I'm seeing stuff on my local forum now just sit and get bumped each day with a price drop...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
My favorite range has piles and piles of most all calibers now. 223 and 22lr are the only ones still tough to find it seems.

The selection is still limited but at least they've got most calibers in stock.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I still genuinely believe that all this gun control talk may be a mere plot to get people spending money. Bullets and guns are usually taxed, after all...

stolensupra

Gotta spray to play!
Jan 2, 2010
NORTH CAROLINA- Greensboro
Here in NC it's virtually impossible to get .22lr .32 .38 .25 9mil .357 .40 .45 7.62x39 5.56 NATO and especially one of my favorite rounds .30 Carbine to shoot from my 1943 M1 Carbine. It's amazing when you look at an ammo shelf at a major supplier and everything that's usually stacked to the ceiling is outnumbered by .17 hornet, .410 slugs, carcano rounds, wolf ammo garbage, and one of my personal favorites the .303 brit. Gunbroker.com occasionally has some good ammo deals it's like ebay for guns and they are completely legit. No weapons to anyone but an FFL etc.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've given up on getting more 22lr. For now I'm just not buying anything gun related until this madness slows down. Most other calibers are available now and are even reasonably priced but it still takes hunting around to find it.

I'm surprised the run on guns and ammo has lasted this long.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprarx7nut;1939538 said:
I've given up on getting more 22lr. For now I'm just not buying anything gun related until this madness slows down. Most other calibers are available now and are even reasonably priced but it still takes hunting around to find it.

I'm surprised the run on guns and ammo has lasted this long.

.22lr here to everything else is good to go

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hit up the gun show that comes around every few months out of Idaho last weekend. Managed to get my hands on a few boxes of .45 acp, but the price is still a bit on the high side. On that note, I think I picked the wrong gun haha. Bought some 7.62x54 for a friend of mine so we can shoot his Dragunov some this summer. That stuff is cheeeeeap, at least compared to most rifle calibers I found at that show.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1946297 said:
Hit up the gun show that comes around every few months out of Idaho last weekend. Managed to get my hands on a few boxes of .45 acp, but the price is still a bit on the high side. On that note, I think I picked the wrong gun haha. Bought some 7.62x54 for a friend of mine so we can shoot his Dragunov some this summer. That stuff is cheeeeeap, at least compared to most rifle calibers I found at that show.

54r never really went up. Check out 5.45x39 it's the russian .223 and is reeeeeaaaaalllly cheap. Looking to get an AR in it soon.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I sold my Dragunov earlier this year and deeply regretted it.

I missed shooting the rifle (it is a BLAST)... but I missed shooting the 7.62x54 round. So... I ended up buying a nice Mosin 91/30 and mounted a custom rail mount and ATI synthetic stock.

It's a great shooter, dead accurate and I still get to shoot it for cheap!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraMario;1949476 said:
54r never really went up. Check out 5.45x39 it's the russian .223 and is reeeeeaaaaalllly cheap. Looking to get an AR in it soon.
Ad in the local paper has a guy selling 3000 rounds of it (7.62x39) for $400. Not sure of the brand, or whether it even really matters at that price. Is it just that it's a common military round that makes it so cheap? Typical rifle ammo at that same show in American calibers was typically $.50-1.00 per round...

Boost Lee;1949602 said:
It's a great shooter, dead accurate and I still get to shoot it for cheap!
I still don't understand why the Mosin isn't used more for hunting than it is... so much cheaper to own and shoot than a comparable hunting rifle like a 7mm Remington.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Out here in Omaha its hit or miss. Prices aren't outrageous by any means but there isn't a lot on the shelf. You can get lucky and walk in when they have a huge pile but then you still have to deal with the 3-5 box maximum which stinks at 20 rounds a box if you are trying to build up a small stock pile. However, if you are just trying to replace what you shoot it isn't that bad. 223/556, 22lr, and 9/40 seem to be the hardest calibers to find around here, with most places having 38/45 & 7.62 in stock every time I go.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Seems to be slowly getting better. On occasion Gunbot is reporting Wolf 9mm at .22/rd. That's approaching pre-panic levels. Other stuff is around .30/rd though so it still has a way to go. Firearm availability also seems to be getting better. I was recently in a small town Fred Meyer in Boregon that had plenty of ARs and handguns. They had little in the way of ammo though.