How are your stores ammo shelves looking in your state?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I bought a 22lr rifle thinking the ammo would be cheap and plentiful. So far its been neither.

I can't believe how hard its been to find ammo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well the great thing for me is, while I'm home on vacation, I will be visiting my friends and family in MI......during the best weekend.... Gibralter Trade Center's Gun and Knife Show. Tons of guns and ammo and toys for the shooter. I am going to stock up on .40 rds. If there is anyone that is on my way back from Detroit heading to Clarksville TN, I might be able to take orders and deliver or at least get it close to you.....Sorry guys, I'm not going anywhere near GA

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Woot, Just grabbed 1000 rounds of 39r for $270 from SGammo.com

They have like 500 cases left so if you want 2 (it's limit 2 per customer) get it now.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know... I have no idea how ammo supplies are around here. Thinking about buying a .22 of some sort though. Hopefully I'd never need to use it, being that most people I know are FAR more armed than I am, but hey... never know.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I use a .40 S&W with Pow'r Ball ammo for home defense. I wanted rat shot but the cops said if I shoot the thief I need to kill him.....not mame him. He said if I use rat shot the nut could sue me.....So I decided to get the Pow'r Ball...... very nice round. I was going to use Hydra Shock but decided not to. I like the expansion on the PrB

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
91Supra313;1922575 said:
I use a .40 S&W with Pow'r Ball ammo for home defense. I wanted rat shot but the cops said if I shoot the thief I need to kill him.....not mame him. He said if I use rat shot the nut could sue me.....So I decided to get the Pow'r Ball...... very nice round. I was going to use Hydra Shock but decided not to. I like the expansion on the PrB

I use hydra shock in my 1911 good stuff

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
91Supra313;1922681 said:
Quick jump off topic, but Mario, are you coming for the BBQ on the 23rd?

Dunno yet, So far I have nothing, I will be able to tell you around monday of this coming week.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraMario;1922566 said:
If you're looking for self defense...do not get a 22.....
.22 more for fun and being used to a rifle again. Not worried about self (or even really home to most extents) where I live, but I would like to have a shotgun of some sort for that kind of thing.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1923478 said:
.22 more for fun and being used to a rifle again. Not worried about self (or even really home to most extents) where I live, but I would like to have a shotgun of some sort for that kind of thing.

True, just figured you were going for multipurpose

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I bought a .223/ 5.56 rifle for the sole purpose of how available the ammo was, now good luck up here in mn finding any! I also love shooting my .22lr and have never had a problem getting bricks of ammo until now, seriously wtf?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I stopped by sportmans warehouse this weekend to pick up some cleaning supplies and happened upon a fresh shipment of ammo. They had everything in stock. 5.56, .223, 45, 9mm, 40sw, 22lr, etc...

I grabbed my rationed amount of ammo and grabbed my other supplies within 15 minutes they were pretty picked clean by the time I left.

At least I have enough to get some range time with my new rifle now, but I still would have liked to grab another few hundred rounds.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Managed to get a box of.45 at the local wallyworld on Friday. Only one they had....no .22lr or .223 x39 or .308

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Nick M;1925958 said:
Not good. And my online supplier has raised prices significantly. I can't complain he had very low prices for years.

How can you not complain? That's a silly argument, ammo cost haven't risen because of materials but because people panicked and price gouging...

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
time to invest in a progressive ammo loader :S i went EVERYWHERE over the weekend i was surprised to find .45ACP winchester in stock at all.. no matter where i went though...no .22LR

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1926046 said:
price gouging...

It's not price gouging, it's the free market operating as it should.

As the price drives people away from the store shelves, the ammo manufacturers will have the opportunity to fill every shelf in every store. Then, when the stores are full again, the store owners will start looking around wondering where in the world their customers are. One by one they'll start lowering the prices in order to attract customers back to the register. As the prices fall people will come out and find that they can stock up without waiting and without the store running out. Once they feel that the shortage is gone they’ll resume normal behavior and the prices will come down to pre-shortage levels.

"Price gouging" is leftist nonsense.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1926136 said:
It's not price gouging, it's the free market operating as it should.

As the price drives people away from the store shelves, the ammo manufacturers will have the opportunity to fill every shelf in every store. Then, when the stores are full again, the store owners will start looking around wondering where in the world their customers are. One by one they'll start lowering the prices in order to attract customers back to the register. As the prices fall people will come out and find that they can stock up without waiting and without the store running out. Once they feel that the shortage is gone they’ll resume normal behavior and the prices will come down to pre-shortage levels.

"Price gouging" is leftist nonsense.

No it isn't...price gouging is price gouging...I took my money elsewhere and got a better deal, the current market still dictates that ammo is only worth what someone will pay for it, not what the shop thinks they will get for it. When a shop buys from a store for retail then sells it back to people at marked up prices after they have bought all the stock...that's price gouging. Don't get me wrong they can do it all they want, and I'm sure some people will pay for it, but to say price gouging is leftist nonsense is silly...