Home Depot Post

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
ok just on a count of items

how many of you have some sort of home depot mod in your mk3???????????????

me i cant fuckking remember hahahhaa

Lamarossa

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
aye mate said:
I got my PVC IC pipes at homedepot.

PVC pipe are garbage take it from me

i used to run them all the time

the bottom ic is not a good idea over time the heat shrink the tip of the pipe where you clamp it

well i got real good clamps so it shrunked it and then blew off again

do what grim did metal is the way to go

Lamarossa

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
some of the sheet metal on the stuff I fabricated is from home depot

ladmo

Apr 4, 2005
GrimJack said:
I got my electrical conduit IC pipes from home depot. I think there is something else as well, that I can't remember anymore...

Hell yea! Electrical conduit all the way! :D

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I used sections of an aluminum ruler as the braces behind my rear mud guards.
They are not visible, do the job just as well, and DON'T rust like the steel they replaced. Win, win situation:)

I will use sections again of an aluminum ruler as a replacement for the backings/braces for the front & rear bumpers when I put them back on if possible...if the the original backings are as straight as the ruler & will allow for it, that is.

I am talking about part# 52525 in case you are wondering:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/figures/MBN801B.gif
If it does the job just as good or better, why not?
The ruler goes for 4.99, how much would that part be from the dealer?
Plus, I won't have to wait for the shipment or be around the house to sign for it;)

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I made an entire MK3 from home-depot. They can order iron ingots for you, same with aluminum. I used the raw to cast my block and cylinder head. Same with most of the suspension parts. Used sheet metal to form the body panels. I used a simple layout to melt sand into glass for the windshield/windows. Hrmm, I take it back. I didn’t buy my tires or fuel injectors from home depot.

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
3 inch rubber couplings from Home De Pot plumbing for my intake (never see's positive pressure)

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
and people wonder why mkiii owners are always gettin called out for being cheap.

"dude check out my knock off ferrari wanna be composed mostly of home depo 'mods', its maaaaad IDM tizzite yo."

~scott

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I've got longer bolts for the aft hood mounts with big nuts to space the hood. I used aluminum stock to mount my FAL fans to my Koyo radiator. I've also got some steel stock to mount my black leather MKIV seat rails to the car.

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
you can get fiberglass and resin from home depot, though I get mine at a marine supply store because it's cheaper. Aside from that, how about MDF for enclosures? Sheet metal? Tubing? Rods? Angle iron? When you're talking about fabrication home depot isn't a bad place to start.

As for being cheap by getting things at home depot, I'd rather get the same product for half the price instead of ordering it off a cer specific site. Spend the money when it's the only way to do things right, save the money for something worthwhile when you can get the same parts cheaper [and locally].

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Supracentral said:
Not a single home depot part here...

werd! last time I was in Home Depot was when I was fired from them a few years ago!

fired for what some may ask....meh, cussin out the boss for making me other peoples work while the "young" people get treated like shit as the older and shittier working people get treated like "gold'. Someone had to take a stand :)

N

Notorious_8.7.T

washers for the wastegate actuator when i got my 1st supra:D