Holy mother of god diesel

JZ_killa_t68

Fartknocker
Jun 19, 2005
Sin City
A co-worker of mine showed me the dyno from his Dodge with a cummins turbo diesel...I know that diesels rock the world, but damn....397 hp and 2027 ft-lbs of tq! I wish I would've snapped a photo for proof...he said that he just had some other shit done to it that brought it up to the 3000 range.....and for those of you that know dodge, he's on his 3rd tranny (with supposedly $15k into his current one)

I'll see if I can get a pic of the dyno from him, it may be another 6 months before I see him again (I work field service, I may have met half of the people in my region, let alone in the entire U.S.)

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
dude...pull the wool from over your eyes, diesels can make some big numbers but not the kind of numbers he told you. Unless he put a train engine in his truck there's no way in hell he's making 397/2027, the cummins just doesn't have enough cubes to spool a turbo at that kind of RPM and make those kind of numbers.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
im calling BS, my friend made 500/800 and is almost at the end of the holset efficiency range, with propane injection to boot.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I'd also like to add that a majority of diesels are pretty shit when it comes to anything other than saving money in fuel costs plus smelling and sounding like shit.

Most americans I've seen talk about diesels seem to think that they are ALL teh shit, well, coming from a guy who lives in a country were diesels are everywhere, it's not true.

JZ_killa_t68

Fartknocker
Jun 19, 2005
Sin City
foreverpsycotic said:
im calling BS, my friend made 500/800 and is almost at the end of the holset efficiency range, with propane injection to boot.

he's got an aftermarket garret ball bearing
35 psi boost

I saw the dyno chart with my own 2 eyes, or I wouldn't believe it either. This guy has dropped some mad cash on his ride-he makes somewhere around 90K+ a year and lives with his folks (works field service, so is on the road for 12 days home for 2-no need for your own place in this line of work)

duffer26

Jun 15, 2005
Colorado Springs CO
um i can do over 35 with the stock holeset on my truck it is at the verry end of what it can do but it can do it
and here is a dino chart from my runs
p656911_1.jpg

your friend is filling your head with some thing and it isint jelly beans

if he was doing that good we would know
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/

enjoy

and yes i was wrong about the Hp # but not by mutch i havent looked at them in ages