History of the Toyota Celica and Supra

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Yeah, Its pointless to me as well, Why remove a perfectly usable power plant, from a perfect car.

It's just cool. Its out of the box, it isn't the same old GT40 on a 2jz that puts down 700WHP yatta yatta. Thats all interesting, but its boring.

I can almost relate it to people with 240SX's putting in a 1jz, or a 2jz, Why when you have perfectly swappable Nissan platforms.

I'm going to go watch my Top Secret DVD now.

yotatoysupra89

What da heck is a Lurker?
Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
I was on the way then my HG blew....hahaha maybe thats why the guy never showed. even though our cars have good numbers and not too bad weight, thats the A70s biggest downfall, reliability. if its all done right good cooling system aluminium rad and MLSHG with head studs then you can have somewhat reliable. maybe the guy was afraid theyd drive the shit out of it.....i know im the only one that gets in the left hand side of my car.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
3SGTE was put into the mkiv because they tuned the 3sgte to = the base performance of the supra and pass it a bit then it made a better track car less weight. You know no one would put a 3SGTE into a supra to build a drag car right :boink:

yotatoysupra89

What da heck is a Lurker?
Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
Good point RazoE, and if im not mistaken that Tom's Supra makes 500 or more HP because its in the GT500 class and not the GT300 class. So you can get some impressive numbers out of that motor its just not good for day to day drive, oh and youd have to make quite a bit of green to get those numbers out of the 3S.