HIGH IDLE! And a whine like from a supercharger

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
Well I had recently bought my supra and when you turned it on it idled at 2500 rpms, turned out the throttle cable had been broken so I replaced it and now it idles at 1500. How can I get it to set at a comfortable idle where it doesn't kill my gas, I'm thinking 750rpm. And the winning sound I usually always hear in first gear when letting my foot off the clutch and when slowing down and it's not my turbo. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Check for codes. Idle is not adjustable (ok, well it is, but it's locked from the factory and shouldn't be screwed with since the IAC controls it)

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Check for vacuum leaks. Intake gaskets and lower fuel injector seals esp. And from now on, to appease jetjock, refer to "turning on" your car as starting, start up, running, acceleration, deceleration, etc... that will help lower the meaningless posts in certain "newb" threads

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ And from now on, to appease jetjock, don't post that vacuum leaks cause high idle because in L type EFI systems they don't.

The "turning on" thing causes confusion when dealing with crank-no start versus no cranking at all. From where I sit it's the mark of a geek who knows everything about the lastest xbox, playstation, and smart phone but almost nothing about cars. Sadly, the pussification of the latest generation of males continues...