HIDs are in!!

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
My brother bought me a Kaixen H4D (Hi/Lo) HID kit as an X-mas gift and I finally got around to installing them. :D

They are 6000K bulbs.

The lamps are Hella E-code H4 housings. Only $115CDN from PG Performance!

These things throw ALOT more light out there AND they don't blind oncoming drivers (due to the E-code housing). Install took ~2hrs with a friend of mine...really easy to install. Hardest part was finding where to mount the ballast/Hi-Lo controller! :p

I freakin' love these things!!

Anyways, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!

First 2 pictures are from Before, last 3 are from After.

Attachments

• Before1.JPG
    Before1.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Before3.JPG
    Before3.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 82
  • After3.JPG
    After3.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 126
  • After2Flash.JPG
    After2Flash.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 84
  • After1.JPG
    After1.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Not sure what that kit is worth, but I can supply Hella/Koito housings, and a Hi/Lo H4 kit, shipped to the GVA for +/- 500 CDN

Have one on buddy's AE86, the snow on the road almost glows metallic as if it had metallic radioactive goo painted on it. So bright! So amazing!

Edit, I guess he added the price lol

Edit #2, good to see more good mods Wedge. Hope to see you soon when I have tires and can get traction lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
garagefujimoto said:
Not sure what that kit is worth, but I can supply Hella/Koito housings, and a Hi/Lo H4 kit, shipped to the GVA for +/- 500 CDN
How about a price without the housings? I already run Hella housings...

And is this an HID hi & lo beam, or the HID low beam with a standard halogen hi beam?

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
garagefujimoto said:

Have one on buddy's AE86, the snow on the road almost glows metallic as if it had metallic radioactive goo painted on it. So bright! So amazing!

Edit, I guess he added the price lol

Edit #2, good to see more good mods Wedge. Hope to see you soon when I have tires and can get traction lol

Nothing is installed yet, waiting on oil lines from 935...aside from that I think I'm going to have some wicked traction problems when boost kicks in, especially on winter tires...hehehehe.

If you're still on the stock twins I dunno if it's going to keep up... ;)

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
WeDgE said:
Nothing is installed yet, waiting on oil lines from 935...aside from that I think I'm going to have some wicked traction problems when boost kicks in, especially on winter tires...hehehehe.

I'm sure that T4 will make a big difference, I'd probably have to work to keep up. I did pull pretty good on you with my bald Dunlops, my traction actually got better with old Toyo snow tires lol.

If you're still on the stock twins I dunno if it's going to keep up...
I parked my car yesterday and the 1JZ-GTE is being removed to be placed into a 1989 MZ20 Soarer. My car will return to the strip soon, with a 1.5JZ, Trust T78-29D Turbine kit, 850 injectors, HKS cams, full suspension and very nice tires. I hope you can keep up, if not we'll cruise anyways :love: