Help with a part number

Black Cat

Sep 11, 2009
Fort Bragg NC
Do you have your vin, I work at Toyota and I can see what the part number is and all that good stuff.
Will have to wait till tomorrow if I can remember to check for you.

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Black Cat;2022454 said:
Do you have your vin, I work at Toyota and I can see what the part number is and all that good stuff.
Will have to wait till tomorrow if I can remember to check for you.
It's a Japanese VIN though so it wont show up in your system. But it should be the same parts as the US counter part. I believe the same piece is on the non turbo engine also?

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
hvyman;2022451 said:
That comes with the wiring harness only. And iirc all wiring harness are disconnected.
Really?! Thats gay! Its a separate piece though :( Do you know the part number for the harness that it came with (there are a couple of different wire part #s). And your sure you cant get this piece separate?

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Thank you for the part number! There is a picture for a "Type A" and "Type B" ... is that because there are 2 different types on the car? One type for the 2 in front and the other for the type in a little more back?

Yeah it's a long shot for the harness, but I was gonna send some feelers out in Japan and elsewhere. Really need that plastic piece and it wont hurt to have a brand new harness if I can find one
3p141592654;2022460 said:
Hood bumpers are item 53382 in this link

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=5302&P=1

I don't think you'll have any luck with the wiring harness, even the later cars have been discontinued for a while.

Black Cat

Sep 11, 2009
Fort Bragg NC
We can still get both types of bumpers though Toyota.
One type is 53382-90k01 and is 9.40 each need two.
Other is 53382-14010 and is 5.32 each need two.

Didn't get a chance to look up the harness thing yet.
Okay just looked it up and that piece is a part of the harness
And they are no longer made.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Heres the P/N for the turboA harness

82111-1B290 might still be available in some Japanese warehouse its about $1100 USD though

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Turbo-@;2022450 said:
Can anyone help me find the part number for the piece in the picture? I can't find it :( It's the plastic part with the wires going through it.
]

I couldn't find one either. Its like they get cooked in the engine bay and fall apart. I rigged up my own using hi-temp wiring loom. I will post a pic tomorrow when I have the car out. I would be very curious to see how others routed their wiring harness across the valve covers. (hint: post pics if you found a clever way to do this)

Sorry, not trying to hi-jack the thread. I doubt if we can order just that part so work-arounds are required.

I wonder if another model from Toyota uses a similar part..

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I used split loom wrapped with self-bonding tape (SCOTCH 23). But, given the historical importance of this car I can see how that would not be satisfactory. The only alternative I can think of would be to try to find a used one from a cold climate that has not turned to stone.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Can you or a friend do some 3D modeling and possibly have access to a 3D printer? I would think one of those would make quick work of that piece.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Silver MK3;2022727 said:
Can you or a friend do some 3D modeling and possibly have access to a 3D printer? I would think one of those would make quick work of that piece.

Good idea but really need to 3D scan an oem one to get the size right. Also, the plastic would have to handle the punishing temps of the engine bay.

I would really like one of those 3D printers..I need a way to justify one for work.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
ZoomZoomZoom;2022768 said:
Good idea but really need to 3D scan an oem one to get the size right. Also, the plastic would have to handle the punishing temps of the engine bay.

I would really like one of those 3D printers..I need a way to justify one for work.

I would think as long as the size is very close to the original one it would work, or look a lot better at least. I didn't think about the temperatures, and have no clue what types of plastic you can use in a 3D printer. You should get one for work and start making these for the community!

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Thanks for the help guys! $1100 Jesus. I'm sure I'm a couple grand into buying random parts the "I need" already. I doubt it's available for an A but I'll ask Amayama.

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I remember a while back one of the companies that makes Carbon Fiber parts for our cars talked about creating one of those pieces for the harness. I know others have had issues dealing with those companies, but it may be worth an email to ask. Just be cautious before sending money to them.