Help Please

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
well i did a tune up, OC, coolant flush, tranny fluid change, and diff fluid change, installed new water pumpe and some other things and my car ran a whole lot better for 3-4 days straight and now today he doesn't even want to start! it cranks but wont start. this happened to me twice before. and i tried push starting it this time as well but now that isn't even working! anyone know any ideas. any help is welcome!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
check your spark plugs in your engine bay and in your driver side kick panel, pull all of them out one by one and look at them

i will bet you a $1 its your EFI fuse.

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Well You need Fuel and fire to get what you desire :icon_razz

Like they said check for spark(fire), check that the fuel pump is working(fuel) if your getting these then start looking for disconnected sensors. may check timing?

Hopefully its somthing stupid like a sensor connecter that come loose and not somthing expensive.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Check your engine codes.

My crystal ball sees the code 12 in your future. But it's a cheap crystal ball, so don't quote me on that.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
i don't have the tools to check for the codes... what is code 12 anyways?

checked my spark plugs all are good and torqued down 15 lbs like the manual says.

checked my wires they are in the correct firing order. checked the TPS & ISC plugs they are still connected.

EFI as well as the others in the fuse box are all still good.

...i haven't checked the ones on the kick panel yet so don't know about those. my friend was said i should try reseting the ECU. How do i do that though?

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
just check the codes, jumper the diagnostic termianls (cant remeber them off the top of my head) and go from there. Check all the connections you were working around and make sure they are on correctly.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
How to check: Diagnostic Connector
Open the hood and locate the diagnostic connector. Is it next to the battery and can be seen in the figure to the right. You will want to connect terminals E1 and TE1. I used a big paper clip, which I leave in the back of my car, and it is actually 'sprung' against the connector lid to add some pressure for a better connection. Clicking on the picture will give you a much better view. It might be hard to see in the picture, so the bottom figure illustrates the terminals to connect, in red, with the paper clip.

diagBlock.gif

After you do this start your car. The check engine light should now be blinking. If it is continuos quick blinking then you are fine there are no error codes, otherwise you have to count the blinks. Each set of blinks will represent one digit with a longer pause to separate digits. There may be more than one code present, but it is on a continuos loop. For example if you saw blink...blink.......blink...blink...blink...blink....... that would be a code 24. After you are done you can clear the codes by pulling the EFI fuse (15A) in the fuse block right next to the diagnostic connector for 30 seconds or more, make sure the engine is off.

diagBlock1h.jpg

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
i did the paper clip thing and uh the engine light blinked quickly non stop. that's supposed to mean no error codes right? well anyways since that didn't really seem to help me, but thank you, cause i learned someting new =P but my mom decided just to take it to a shop tomorrow, sheesh those guys are probably gonna laugh again, "your car is back again?"