Hello All! New guy from mid TN

Novadude

Jul 21, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN, United States
Im Jarrod from middle Tennessee and Im new to the supra game. Picked up a 90 targa top N/A-T about a week ago and I gotta say Im loving the site. Ive already had to diagnose some stuff and the forums on here have helped me tremendously. Well anyways a little about me, I also own a 95 ranger and a 74 Nova (long term project car) I just graduated college for high performance automotive (so a Supra was inevitable) Im planning a build for the 7M but for that you will just have to keep your eyes on the build threads ::w00t::

Attachments

• 30t07qb.jpg
    30t07qb.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • a9pt7n.jpg
    a9pt7n.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • 2cfw860.jpg
    2cfw860.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 16

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking under your hood.. it seems you have an upgraded turbo already. You may have the 550/lex mod if the PO wasn't sure. I do know that the hardpipes for the intercooler are put in there kinda wonky... pretty sure that is the Driftmotion 3000 pipe replacement you are currently above your AFM... the pipe routing usually goes through the fender to the left of the AFM. Guessing the PO bought the Driftmotion upgraded intercooler and couldn't figure out the routings (it says its plug and play.. but it isn't). I have that pipe sitting right behind me now.. lol. On closer inspection it also looks like they used the Driftmotion Softline Kit for the CT26...

A lot of what I see there isn't quite routed cleanly.. but if it works.. its all good! :)

Anyway.. welcome to SM!

Novadude

Jul 21, 2013
Yea the pipe routing is really weird, goes across the bottom of the intercooler to the inlet on the drivers side. It does have the lex/550 on it and you are correct its an aftermarket turbo. Ebay jdm one though :-/ the wiring is hideous (hope I spelled that right) from where they put the turbo ecu onto the factory n/a harness. Been having problems with it and reading tsrm like its my bible to figure out some of these random cut wires lol

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If you have all the piping I could email you a step by step for redoing that intercooler piping. Bad wiring is a nightmare on our cars, I had my whole loom basically rewired and improved.
Looks like you have a lot there, just all jumbled. Good challenge :D

Just reread your message, my step by step wouldn't work. If it was mine I would redo the piping. Some intercoolers do have the piping going across the bottom. It can work if done properly. The #1 thing is to make sure it doesn't leak.

Got a nice project there.

Novadude

Jul 21, 2013
doesnt leak as far as I can tell, looked up a pic of the DM IC kit and it is that kit, has the driver side outlet on the bottom. never seen it before but hey it works haha I do think I have the dreaded BHG though :( PO said they rebuilt the motor 4k ago but I was running about 15lbs for a couple days then started running funky.... texted him and found out that it still has the NA high compression pistons in it. But yea the harness is going to be quiet the project haha Im gonna need some extra cigs to keep me calm when I go to tackle that.