heater blower

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
Hola

My heater blower has decided to stop working. it gave no warning it just died. i'm not getting any codes and the fuse looks fine any ideas on what this could be?

or better yet has any one ever had an issue like this and resolved it without costing an arm and a leg?

this is the last issue before my car goes for its mot :naughty: so the sooner the better

haha thanks in advance guys

*note* the TSRM confuses me on this issue haha

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
forget TSRM

TEWD...

look at the fuses you need to double check.

on a related note. Does it not come on at all or does it work on certain settings (Hi, Med) but not all (low)?

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
they just don't come on at all

the unit itself turns on just when i try and turn the fans on they don't if i push the AC switch i can hear that start up.

its weird really

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
huh? mot is the english test so that its legal on the road they check suspension, bushes, emissions, seatbelts, rust, brakes, steering. basically anything safety related if it passes i can legaly drive it on the road (if i pay mass ammounts for road tax that is which i will)

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
yea i'll have a good poke tonight and update on what i find. if needed i can run to the scrap yard and grab some stuff of another supra they have in there

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
The 40amp CB is a manual reset CB. Easy to see (feel actually) if it popped. Located on the passenger side fuse panel, right above the 10 amp fuse for the A/C clutch.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
i can't find this 40amp in the kick pannel? here is a picture or am i in the wrong place. i have replaced the controll unit that didnt work either. hmm

this is the kick pannel fuse box

sm_photo_missing.jpg

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
GrimJack;1098215 said:
Err... it *might* be on the other side for RHD vehicles, I'm not sure about the layout.

Curse you right hand drive cars!!

Shima,

sorry about that. I saw england and it did not occur to me about the RHD supra over there..... it is quite simple though.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=22

if it looks like that.. you are on the right one. (have to forgive me as I am driving blind. I have no access to photobucket at work :( ).

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
hummm its strange. i checked around the passenger side but i couldnt find any fuses anyone got a pic of where it should be? sorry to sound so noobish but i'm totally confused by this.

thanks for all the replys though

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Come on guys... you're making this harder than it has to be.

Start at the fan and make sure you're getting power. Take off the panel under the glove box - might as well take out the glovebox itself too so you can see more easily what you are doing.

AC_008.gif

You see the dash picture on the bottom? Look to the right hand side (passenger side) where it says RECIRC/FRESH Control Servo Motor. Check out that round thing just below that - cylendrical actually. At the bottom of that should be a wire coming out and going to a harness. Pull that plug and check for power when the fans are supposed to be on (ignition set to on and fans on HIGH).

If you get no fans at any speed - and you haven't been doing something stupid with your wiring recently - I can almost guarantee that your fan cage is gummed up and stuck. Get a new motor and replace it.

Keith