have compressor surge and tried 3 bovs

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Ok so i thought that my hks bov was bad because i had compressor surge with it. I tried my friends hks that worked when he took it off and still had surge. Then we tried his turbo xs rfl which definately works and still had compressor surge. Need help. Thanks.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Rotational stall as you called it is still not good for turbos, Its not as bad as true compressor surge but its not harmless either.

OP: What turbo are you running?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I had a similar problem, and once I found out what it was, I felt like a dumb ass. I replaced a perfectly good HKS BOV with another because I thought mine had gone to shit...

turns out the vacuum line was slightly pinched...

hahaha, check out your lines and let us know what happens..

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
RazoE;1493734 said:
I had a similar problem, and once I found out what it was, I felt like a dumb ass. I replaced a perfectly good HKS BOV with another because I thought mine had gone to shit...

turns out the vacuum lines was slightly pinched...

hahaha, check out your lines and let us know what happens..

haha i didnt replace them he just had them laying around his garage...i thought it could be something with the vacuum lines

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Had to shorten the springs in my TurboSmart Type 3 Bov's to stop the T04z surging above 12psi on trailing throttle, also ran a -5 line to a T between both valves so they get a good shot of boost to help keep them closed on boost.

dmiller

suspension>power
Jun 30, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
x87SUPRA87x;1493763 said:
Where are you pulling the vacuum source from? It needs to be directly off the manifold. Also, what size line are you using?

Its the stock line im not sure what size it is but i should be getting my turbo xs knock off rfl on tomorrow and ill check the vac lines then.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The path that the stock line takes is pretty long and has quite a few joints, would be easy for it to be clogged or leaking.

Run a dedicated line and see if it goes away. If it does, fix the stock path.