Hatchback Lift Supports

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Look high quality from that auction. But, maybe he just knows how to do an auction better, convinced me tho. A couple of things I noticed from the auction tho:

1. I don't remember ours having a removeable piece, that bolts on the end.....it's there, but I don't think it comes off. No biggie!

2. For Spoiler or without.....I guess it is for the cars with spoiler, and thus strong enough to also hold it without. But, there are two different Toyota parts. I don't understand why Toyota didn't just make them all strong enough to support a spoiler, because many spoilers were dealer installed.

3. Easy Installation.............Don't kid yourself!!!!!!!!I have parted 10 Supras, and that piece of interior molding you have to remove to get to them is a pain in the Ass. You will either break that part, or this will be a long installation.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
They sell our hatch supports at local parts stores!!! I payed $20.00 or so for each at Napa!!! The upper window trim is what FT is talking about. You need to pull the rear lower plastic and then the upper plastic interior trim to change them. The upper is what usually breaks so be carefull and take your time making sure you got all the screws. When I did mine I drilled two holes in my upper plastic trim for the strut bolts and then bought plugs and painted my plugs with interior paint to match my trim. This way if I have to change the deck struts again I pull the plugs and just unscrew the bolts without having to pull out the trim again. If only toyota would have thought of that at the factory.....lol

Last edited: