Guv'na's Tavern

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Shawn, not yet. I've been pretty busy at work and such and getting things situated in the house. Unfortunately, our garage is incredibly small and we live in suburbia so having a car project isn't really feasible. I have however been working on dialing in my jet engine. Once that is done (and the neighbors are thoroughly pissed off with the noise), I'll probably dust off the old build notes for the digital dash and start building another conversion. I have one guy (Doat) who has been wanting one since I started showing promise with the conversion. Most of those digidash threads start with "I'm gonna be the one to get it done, I promise....." then little by little, the thread passes into obscurity. I still need to acquire parts first though. Anyway, that's pretty much been it.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
... You can't just touch on jet engine with no explanation Lol I've noticed that about the digidash threads, how many left hand ones are out there? Yours is the only I know of

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Oh well, it's just an old jet that I cobbled together years ago while in the middle east. I scrounge up a bunch of parts from the DRMO facilities there as well as eBay. It idles at 30,000rpms and red line is 95,000rpms. I start it with a modified hair dryer. Here's a few pictures of it. It's kinda dirty. I need to clean it up and make a pretty stand for it to run on.
be4aru7y.jpg

esa7egaz.jpg

amaryhan.jpg

As far as the digidash goes, I think I'm the only one in the world to make it look factory. There is another guy in Europe I think who did it. His doesn't look factory though. He split the gauges apart and such.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Hahaha thanks! As you can see, I like engines! I finally got the radial running yesterday. It takes a lot of current to light up 7 glow plugs so I had to build a pack to hold four 10,000mah D-cells in parallel to give enough juice.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Wow, that jet engine is so cool. That is amazing you just "cobbled it together" with spare parts. No wonder the digital dash was so amazing Pyro!

Slightly off topic, would anyone like the old rotors from my 89 Turbo ABS? I was just going to recycle them as I think they are Les Schwab and sure felt warped, but figured I should see if anyone in the Tavern has a use for them.

No charge of course, just have to find a way to meet up so I can give them to you. Unless of course you have recently moved to Texas. Then I cannot help you :p

DSC02505.jpg