Gurren Lagann!!!

DahnEEEE

Mar 31, 2011
Californiaaa
The best anime ever and I highly suggest everyone in the world to watch it c:

However I recommend to rent it at an anime video rental store but if u can't just go on netflix.

If u like machines (big machinas) and tits then you will love this anime !@@@!!!

It's so good i saw all the episodes in two days... last night and the morning after hehehe <3

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
yeah i seen the whole series it was pretty awsome, other good series to watch is outlaw star, initial d, aquarion, and plenty of others

DahnEEEE

Mar 31, 2011
Californiaaa
I feel like nothing could top Gurren Lagann lol

But I'll definitely check those out! I saw a few episodes of Initial D and it was pretty interesting!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
you have

initial d

stage 1- 1-12ep
stage 2- 1-13ep
stage 3- movie
stage 4- part 1- 1-12ep
stage 4- part 2- 1-12ep

initial d is long but not as long as naruto or the robotech series

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I think we need an official anime thread :p

I think my list is a bit long though...

- Akira
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Macross (all of it, though Macross Frontier is the most recent and amazing)
- Bleach
- Guyver
- Gundam (all of them)
- Vampire Hunter D

Etc, etc, etc...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Poodles;1710747 said:
I think we need an official anime thread :p

I think my list is a bit long though...

- Akira
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Macross (all of it, though Macross Frontier is the most recent and amazing)
- Bleach
- Guyver
- Gundam (all of them)
- Vampire Hunter D

Etc, etc, etc...
I've seen all these, but I hadn't heard of this Gurren Lagann thing. I'll give it a shot.

Oh... and add Ninja Scroll to that list of the best.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Wait one moment.... no one in this thread has said One Piece yet?!

I have seen most all of what has been posted so far, and not a single one of these match up to the epicness One Piece....

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
lol - the jury is still out on NGE. The first shot at it was awesome, right up until the 'ending', where it promptly got so fucked up it was right off the map.

The new movies are great, but they are behind schedule by quite a bit, and the first two just leave you hanging. And it's completely possible that they'll screw it up at the end again.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Eh, I like the original series ending, as well as the movie ending. It's a little out there, but there's many many layers to NGE and referances to many religions, etc. The whole concept is probably one of the most original stories ever.

Oh shit, just looked it up, Gurren Lagann is made by Gainax (same guys that did NGE, FLCL, Gunbuster, etc)

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I guess I can throw a few out there. Slayers, Excel Saga, Tenchi Muyo, FLCL, Bleach, Outlaw star, Gundam, Highschool of the dead, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Gungrave, Ghost in the shell s.a.c. and Hellsing.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
death note

Initial D was/is awesome. Left on a massive cliff hanger thou.

For Initial D people: there is an hour+ long vid floating around of a bunch of battles that feature cars that were never in the TV series. Cappucino's, AZ-1's, more honda's EK's, Supra's. I saw it online like 4 years ago but haven't really looked around for it since. I almost bought that Cappucino at Tiger Auto over that video.

Maybe because I grew up watching real animated Disney and Bugs bunny with the smooth frames and consistent backgrounds (some of which should belong to the Louvre) most anime, cause they pump it out so quick and cheap the jerkyness and skipping really irritates me. Flame suit on (you can't hurt me.) Even by the mid 80's the Junk pumped out of Korea was the end of my childhood.

Initial D's road sequences are so well done thou, super easy on the eyes.

Last edited: