Group A's 1G GTE narrow body targa with Link G4 Storm ecu

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
finished some more lagging today that heat wrap joe the inlet temps just keep getting lower the pick is far better again

p728159_1.jpg

p728159_2.jpg

p728159_3.jpg

p728159_4.jpg

p728159_5.jpg

p728159_6.jpg

p728159_7.jpg

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
great looking car man where in the UK are you? I'm heading back to reading soon! I'm thinking of buying a MK3 while i'm there then selling it when I leave. I'd probably pick up one of them cheap 3.0 7m's shame that all my parts and tools are in canada!

all these fools bashing the narrow body, when it's got less weight, a 4.56 diff, and can make a decent 250-260 to the wheels. It's not bad and infact probably runs smoother and better then most US 7m's...

I like ALL mk3 supras.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
ok people had a slight change of plan here motec is for sale
why i hear you all ask
well because we have fitted a link g3 ecu instead

reasons being

well where do we start

1g-gte as i transpires is an odd ignition system
1 it has a twin arm rotor firing to 3 points in the dizzy cap
nothing to odd there you might say
this was all found out when it wouldnt fire on more than 3 by the way lol
2 we found out as wiring diagrams are limited on this engine doh that the coil has 3 inputs out puts bearing in mind that it is a single lead coil like the 7mge

this meaning instead of firing in 1 shot like a normal 7mge it fires in 2 batches of three and neither the motec or the link would run the configuration aggghhhhhhhh
so
we fitted 6 1uzz cop with combined ignitors :) and went with the link to fire in wasted spar on these as the motec only had 2 ignition out puts :(
but with a low boost of 15psi i would say we are making around 260rwhp so 300 flywheel is with no other mods done other than those listed at the beginning of this thread
pics to follow

ian feel free to tidy my punctuation and spelling mistakes up if you want lmao

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I really like the look of it, but I'm also one of those people that can't really see much of a difference between wide and narrow bodies. I know there is a difference, I really have to look to see it.

So it's a wasted spark distributor drive ignition system.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Dirgle said:
I really like the look of it, but I'm also one of those people that can't really see much of a difference between wide and narrow bodies. I know there is a difference, I really have to look to see it.

So it's a wasted spark distributor drive ignition system.

That's because you don't live in Australia where you see so many Skyline GTS-Ts ... and a rare GTR and then you really notice the widebody effect ;).

WoundLicker

FuelCut
Mar 24, 2007
Calgary
Whats the weight difference between the 7m and the 1g? Also if you're making suspension parts for a 7m are you taking in the weight differential?

Another thing, How long do you think the rubber piping will last under all that heat wrap(lagging)?

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
dirgle no not now it was a twin rotor dizzy firing in batches of three

now it has no dizzy at all we are just using it a a cps to run the cop ignitors :)

woundlicker

there is 1L diff 1g is 2.0

weight there is a bout a 100kg diffrerence so it has no massive effect as the chassis is the same its just a bit more nimble round the bends

the rubber piping should last longer as it is not being subjected to so much heat now

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
for the life of me i can tell diffrence bettween narrow and usdm body some body please circle or show me the differance i cant tell i dont see what everyone is talking about

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
looking good, for a lil i forgot you were doin a standalone and was gonna say you left the spark plug wires off, but then i realized i was dumb and it all made sense

Last edited: