Greetings from Georgia

Billy1JZ

Nov 9, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hello fellow Supra owners, I'm Will. I'm 19, and an Atlanta native

My supra in particular is a 1991 JZA70 Limited, brought over from Japan. I picked it up in February as a one owner car with just under 45k miles on it (at the time).

Currently the car is almost completely stock; stock exhaust, almost everything with the exception of the wheels, radio head unit, and modified shifter (SOGI mod). Currently the car makes 249 HP to the wheels (293 HP at the crank) on 93 octane pump gas. :biglaugh:

Here's the car when I first got it:

And here's the car in its current form:

(Note: I'm currently running the stock orange turn signals + reflectors, I've ditched the clear ones for the time being)

(Note #2: this is when I was using a Celica /MR-S shift knob, I'm using the stock shift knob, currently)

Currently my plans for the car are to get wider wheels and tires, TEIN (or HKS) coilovers, an HKS catback exhaust, and other basic performance mods so that I can hopefully make 300+ HP to the wheels reliably.

So far the car is beyond a blast to own and drive, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the car and the Supra community for years to come. :icon_bigg

ncv6coupe

Jul 24, 2011
ATL, GA
What's up Will. Fellow Atlanta native here. Mostly lurker but only because been working trying to get my project together. Almost finished but running into annoying little problems at every corner.

Hopefully we can get together at some meets. I know one other supra owner here and know a cult of people who love them JZ's.

I'm hard headed and kept the 7m. If I had known then what I know now. Do you go to any local meets?

Smh I need to start a build log already. My goal is to be fully ready for import alliance which is fast approaching.

Billy1JZ

Nov 9, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

Welcome Will. Super nice Supra you have and very clean. I was diggin that old school Alpine head-unit with that cassette player you had.

Lol, it fit the car pretty well, but I'd much prefer GPS, Apple CarPlay, and being able to play tunes off my phone, as well as having a much needed back-up camera. In addition to the Alpine headunit, it also came with a CD changer mounted in the back. :icon_lol:

What's up Will. Fellow Atlanta native here. Mostly lurker but only because been working trying to get my project together. Almost finished but running into annoying little problems at every corner.

Hopefully we can get together at some meets. I know one other supra owner here and know a cult of people who love them JZ's.

I'm hard headed and kept the 7m. If I had known then what I know now. Do you go to any local meets?

Hey, nice to see a fellow Atlanta-based A70 owner. Yeah, I go to a few local meets (C&O, IA, Gwinnett Meet, etc) every now and then. Hopefully we can meet and chat sometime. :icon_bigg

Welcome, nice find, Not going to lie I liked the wheels the car came with.

Thanks, and yeah, I kinda liked the wheels that came with the car as well. However the rear tires were cracking and they needed replacing, and since my dad wasn't too fond of them we got all new wheels and tires just for the heck of it. I plan on getting a staggered set soon though, since I'm currently running on 17x7s on 225s all over, it looks like I'm running on motorbike tires compared to other JZA70s :aigo:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I will say if you havent started, take care to maintain and condition that dash with vinyl conditioner and UV block. Last thing I think any of us would want is to have to try and find a mint replacement RHD dash.