Gran Turismo 5 delayed, AGAIN..

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
SupraMario;1628512 said:
ROFL! I never knew this, back when XBMC was in its infant stages they said it would do .mkv and then I was happy as fuck....but I waited over a year and it didn't go anywhere so I stopped looking. What extender do you use? I've got a ton of stuff I would love to play but just don't want to convert it to freaking .avi!

Wish I could remember exactly, but if I had to guess, it would be the community codec pack. The only thing I know to do is to google it and considering I just now reinstalled windows to my brand new shiny SSD... I am going to be toying with other things at the moment... haha.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
If people would look into it before shooting off at the developers you would see that it is NOT their fault it got delayed this time.

The reason it got delayed was because sony put out a clause that all games released after November must be fully patched to work with the newest unhacked firmware version. So they have to make up a patch and apply it to the game before it is allowed to be released. NOT PD's fault, but Sony's and to a greater extent the bootleggers.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
suprarx7nut;1628296 said:
I am perfectly content to wait another 6 months if I need to for them to work out any bugs. They have been exceptional in the past and there has simply been NO OTHER racing simulator for a console to compete with ANY of the gt series at their respective release dates.

GT5 will be by far the best sim for driving if they can deliver what they have promised so far. Forza is fun and all, but the realism is just not there. It's a fun arcade-sim, but not a real simulator in the way gran turismo has been. With the addition of damage and possibly rolling (?) and cockpit view that actually the car you're in, I don't see anything touching GT5 for a long time.

I plan on buying a PS3 SOLELY for GT5. Sure, I'll use it for media and stuff too, but really its alllllllll about GT5. :)

The first Forza left something to be desired after spending hundreds of hours on GT4. However, the lastest incarnation of Forza is serious buisiness and makes (thankfully) GT4 look like it's wearing clown shoes. The guys making Forza went all out... they didn't fuck around, and it's certainly not an "arcade game", or even in the same leauge as NFS, or Gotham Racing, or any of that crap. Forza is serious buisiness.

Now, I used to be a GT fanboy and scoff at the idea of playing Forza... but then I relented and actually played it. And you know what? It's good... real good, and don't be surprised if Forza is better than GT5 in plenty of ways.

What you're saying is essentially that "if it's not made by Toyota, it's not reliable, it's not good, ect". It just doesn't work that way. Long story short is that GT5 had better blow everybody's mind when they play it. Like, laydown a new benchmark for racing games, the new measuring stick for all epic racing simulations to come. The Concorde of Racing Sims, if you will.

Otherwise, Polyphony will be f'd. They had a monopoly on the market before because there weren't any other big players in the racing sim market... now they're the old man on the block, with a bunch of new hot-shot punk kids working for Microsoft and getting up in their shit. They'd better deliver one HELL of a game or everyone with sense will walk down the street and pick up a 360 and Forza.

The only thing I have left to finish in GT4 was the 24 hour endurance races. I made the mistake of playing the new Forza, and now I just can't bring myself to bother with GT4. I had Grand Toursimo up on this untouchable pedistal of epic racing awesomeness... and then I went to the dark side and... and... they have cake. That you can eat. I have no plans or intentions of buying a playstation or GT5. I will be getting a 360 sooner or later.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
To be honest and im not coming from a fanboy point of few either. However i think Forza almost all their games suck, i play them and while fun theres still something missing. I cant quite put my finger on it but its something GT has over it. Now im with you with all these delays GT5 had better live up to the hype otherwise i feel that there wont be a GT6. Only time will tell. I will say that i do prefer Gran Turismo over Forza simply because the feel of the cars are more realistic when driving. The one thing forza got right was burnouts, donuts, and skidding.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I have a 360 strictly for Forza (at this point) and my PS3 for everything else. Gotta love backwards compatibility ;)