SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Ran into Takumi today :aigo:

p1651521_1.jpg

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Yeah I'm sorry about that, it doesn't seem bad at all the few other times I've reread it.

On the other hand I ran into a K. Tsuchiya while I was racing the other day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
SuprA70, I looked at your stats and you are far into the game! I'm at like 70 something percent haha. And boy are you wealthy! Last time I checked you had 18 mil! Jeez...

Anyways, I only need to beat two more races on Expert for A/B spec (or was it extreme, I'll check when I get on). One is the Dream Car and the other is the historic 70's race cars. I have a lot of cars, but don't have one fast enough for either. What cars did you use for these races???

IrishRon, looks like you need to update the PSN's list. ;)

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Lol.

Ran into this today:

p1654661_1.jpg

Are most of you still playing online or mostly single player? I've been wanting to do a massive GT5 meet at Fuji Speedway (plenty of off track spots for group pics) with all of our modded Supras. But I can't tell if you guys are busy in your own games :icon_bigg

I just figured out how to save replays in online and want to get a big group pic taken :evil2:

Supra28;1654658 said:
Anyways, I only need to beat two more races on Expert for A/B spec (or was it extreme, I'll check when I get on). One is the Dream Car and the other is the historic 70's race cars. I have a lot of cars, but don't have one fast enough for either. What cars did you use for these races???

For the Dream Car race, I used the Toyota Minolta LeMans car. For the Historic Cup, the Toyota 7. This is for both a and b spec.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
^ I got that a lil' mixed up, I meant to say the Gran Turismo all stars in Expert, but I'm guessing you used the Minolta for that too?

How did you get those cars? Just wait around until they show up in the used/online car lot?

As for the Group pics, I been wanting to do that for a while now. I got one of my friends to buy a TurboA just so I can get pics haha. Check out my album! Another thing you can do is go in the one-make race in practice to get pics, I did that too lol.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
got it last week but im pretty much still sucking at it. Need to hit up the time trials and better my skills

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Supra28;1654671 said:
^ I got that a lil' mixed up, I meant to say the Gran Turismo all stars in Expert, but I'm guessing you used the Minolta for that too?

How did you get those cars? Just wait around until they show up in the used/online car lot?

For the Minolta 88C-V '89: Beat A-Spec Extreme, Like The Wind.
I used the Veyron (lots of trial-n-error tuning) at Daytona, then the Mazda Furai at Indy.

For the Toyota 7 Race Car: Beat B-Spec Extreme, Like The Wind.
I used the Minolta for both races here.

For the GT All-Stars Race, used the Minolta in a-spec, the GT Formula for b-spec :evil2:

I occasionally give away duplicates I get from Prize Tickets to random people on my friend list. That or extra paint :icon_bigg

scotty;1654683 said:
wow you've been busy! Please let me know if you wanna gift anything with value :evil2:

Go ahead and add me if you haven't yet. PSN is gtkof.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Another really good way to earn some money is the 'special event' races, such as the go-kart racing and that sort of thing. Takes a bit of patience, but it works well. Anyone know of a fast way to make money in the game? Fastest I've found (time vs income) is the London race of the British Lightweight in Professional (third tier in a-spec). Mcclaren or the Fireblade makes quick work of it. :)

So, anyone else notice that you're allowed to use the Fireblade in a-spec now? Couldn't do that in GT4... I've been using mine for the tarmac rallies, ~240hp and ~370kg makes for a fun little car, until you crest a hill...

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I finally got gold on whatever the first round of courses is(beginner or amateur). It wasn't difficult as much as trying to find the right cars for each event in the used lot. I wish they made it easier to find a car for each event like maybe an option to browse the car selection based on the even selected or something.

I feel like I'm cheating when I mod the cars too I try the events stock then bump the car up as needed. It sucks to be competitive until I hit a straight away then they just leave me way behind. Buying new tires really makes me feel like I'm cheating too ha, I go mid grade and still it's like a cheat code enabled.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
iwannadie;1655236 said:
I finally got gold on whatever the first round of courses is(beginner or amateur). It wasn't difficult as much as trying to find the right cars for each event in the used lot. I wish they made it easier to find a car for each event like maybe an option to browse the car selection based on the even selected or something.

I feel like I'm cheating when I mod the cars too I try the events stock then bump the car up as needed. It sucks to be competitive until I hit a straight away then they just leave me way behind. Buying new tires really makes me feel like I'm cheating too ha, I go mid grade and still it's like a cheat code enabled.

teha i know what you mean. My turbod miata feels kinda cheaop lol

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
SuprA70;1654692 said:
For the Minolta 88C-V '89: Beat A-Spec Extreme, Like The Wind.
I used the Veyron (lots of trial-n-error tuning) at Daytona, then the Mazda Furai at Indy.

For the Toyota 7 Race Car: Beat B-Spec Extreme, Like The Wind.
I used the Minolta for both races here.

For the GT All-Stars Race, used the Minolta in a-spec, the GT Formula for b-spec :evil2:

I occasionally give away duplicates I get from Prize Tickets to random people on my friend list. That or extra paint :icon_bigg

Thanks for tips man, about to get at it now!

Oh and you can send me ticket duplicates any time my friend! Lol. Received your paint today haha, any colors you want in particular besides black? I have plenty...

This also goes for any of you on my friend's list, I have lots of random colors if you need em' hahahahaha

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

empera;1654751 said:
patience its tough...

i wanna try online play....see how much better other people are lol

It's hard to acknowledge online player's skills since they use fast ass cars about 98% of the time and tweak the driving options like crazy haha. Dragging is fun though..

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

87mk111;1655400 said:
teha i know what you mean. My turbod miata feels kinda cheaop lol

What's your PSN? I'm not sure if I already have it..

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Just got my ps3 up and running. Psn id is suprarx7nut.

I still haven't really played as I'm waiting for my g27 to come in before I really get into the game. :)

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Anyone having a hard time beating the Forumla GT Cup? Holy shit, that shit is hard. Even with my tuned Formula GT, it's tough to keep going at 20 laps and the second place guy is just on your tail. I can put distance on the 2nd place guy but one slip up.....The rain also makes it even more harder.

Also, guys who added me. If your needing a car, I have some doubles of some, I'll give you want I can.