Got Screwed Over on eBay

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
Look what finally came!

CFTarga.jpg

It's beautiful. No mounting hardware though. I think I'm going to have to do some drilling and stuff. :< I have no idea how, though.

BUT IT'S HERE!

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I got screwed buying a motorcycle that I bid on, but didn't make reserve (have a feeling he did a super high reserve on purpose). The guy msg'd me after it ended unsold and asked if I wanted to buy it for my bid price cause he doesn't want to list it again. This was before the "second chance offer" thing was around. I sent $500 deposit through paypal and drive 3 states away to find his dad there with a pre-signed title and an excuse "he had to work today" (and he didn't know this before I drove 300 miles!?). The best part was, the guy lived on a 10 mile long dirt road that was barely passable by 4wd truck (let alone a sportbike), so I couldn't even test ride it. Choice was, take the bike and pay the remaining $2000, or leave it and lose the deposit. So I bought it (DUMB). I get it home, pull the body work off, and the bike is BEAT. Nothing like the ebay description. All the bad stuff was conveniently hidden behind the fairings too. I had to dump $1800 in engine and transmission parts into the damn thing just to get it roadworthy.

Lesson... don't trust anyone. Always make sure there's something for you to fall back on unless it's a risk you're willing to take.

Worst part of the story is that I took a loan out for $3500 to buy the bike. It was from CitiFinancial. For 28% interest (DUMB). Yeah... so I paid something like $9800 for a bike that I later sold for $2000. 6 years later I'm still feeling that mistake.

Glad you got your part in the end though. Looks sweet.

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
Poodles;1661136 said:
Pics of where the bolts go?

CFmount1.jpg

CFmount2.jpg

It appears that there are no proper mounting holes or rubber gasket; yet it seems like there are holes to... mount one? Pretty confusing.

I'm a noob at handyman stuff, lol.

spikesnstuff0905;1661146 said:
Beautiful. Hows the craftmanship? In retrospec, do you think it was worth the wait?

The craftsmanship is surprisingly good, but for $450+ I expect it to be, lol! I don't think it was worth the wait, but I could have ended up empty handed. Again, much thanks to everyone on here.

suprahero;1661391 said:
Look what a little help from our Supramania members did.

I owe you guys one! Thanks again for gettin' my back -- without your help, the buyer probably would have never of been pushed to get in proper contact with me.

I'll figure this out, I'm sure!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've been thinking this all along on these things popping up. The driver's side is a stationary captive nut, and the passenger side is a sliding one. The rear mounts are brackets that bolt to the top, not sure how they'll bolt to just carbon. Unless the fasteners are inside and just not drilled into. I know some other people on the forums have carbon targas...

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
It's a direct mold from the factory top so the indention from the mounting locations should be easy to spot. Carefully dremel them open and see if the nuts are underneath, if there's nothing there you'll have to pop in rivnuts or insert a plate like this.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
projectsupra;1661512 said:
It's a direct mold from the factory top so the indention from the mounting locations should be easy to spot. Carefully dremel them open and see if the nuts are underneath, if there's nothing there you'll have to pop in rivnuts or insert a plate like this.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hot damn!

I'll certainly try my best.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
spikesnstuff0905;1661146 said:
Beautiful. Hows the craftmanship? In retrospec, do you think it was worth the wait?

that is not our product, but looking at it, i think there must be some kind of hardware in there if not i don't think is usable, sometimes we glass aluminum and then drill and tap it that might be the case, Paulo.