Got hit tonight, :) Fixed with pics on Post 91

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
fixitman04;1469551 said:
that qtr is very saveable, bdywork is easy. i get down that way on occasion as my parents live in hopkinsville. if you get it driveable i would be willing to help work it out at easter when i come down.

Problem is I don't have access to a mig welder. :/ I've got a garage (heated even) but no welder.

kotu100;1469555 said:
if you need any suspension parts let me know, i have a complete rear subframe sittin out back. i'd be willing to cut off the camber bolts and ship out the control arm/ hub assembly.

Tomorrow we will be putting this thing up in the air, went and picked up the radiator about 2 hours ago. So I'll have a list of stuff I need.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
SupraMario;1469562 said:
Problem is I don't have access to a mig welder. :/ I've got a garage (heated even) but no welder.

Purchase one?

There's a Website Online; It's a free online Bazaar where people post their goods online, and people who wish to purchase respond to their posts via e-mail.

The name escapes me at the moment, Sorry.

;)

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Zumtizzle;1469565 said:
Purchase one?

There's a Website Online; It's a free online Bazaar where people post their goods online, and people who wish to purchase respond to their posts via e-mail.

The name escapes me at the moment, Sorry.

;)

Last time I bought something from that place that escapes your mind, I got a box with a rock in it...

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Open box to make sure theres no rock? ;)

Come-on man the rock in a box scam has been going on since the First Depression; when grifers first came into stage.

Take some scrap, a welding mask, and test it.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Zumtizzle;1469572 said:
Open box to make sure theres no rock? ;)

Come-on man the rock in a box scam has been going on since the First Depression; when grifers first came into stage.

Take some scrap, a welding mask, and test it.

Test what the rock?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I say fix it.

p.s. somone should make a thread here on how to replace/fix rusted/dented quarter panels.

good luck with everything and I'm glad to hear that your ok

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
MK3.0dudeman;1469612 said:
I say fix it.

p.s. somone should make a thread here on how to replace/fix rusted/dented quarter panels.

good luck with everything and I'm glad to hear that your ok

YES! That would rock. I've never done body work before. I am going to try and fix it. I got a friend who says he has access to a welder, but I don't know what it is, tig/mig/arc
><

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ForcedTorque;1469713 said:
Another idea is to find a more desirable shell, and sell this shell to someone who will be able to fix it. That is not as profitable, but it saves a Supra from the crusher, and is much easier.

Well I was thinking about saving this shell, getting another one, swapping all my parts into new said shell, and giving this car to my little brother to learn to work on, I've got an engine and seats, he can do the rest. I'll figure something out, right now my main goal is to find a good clean shell, BTW Jay the pics you sent me of that supra look :( Not so good. Its been sitting a while it looks like and I can see the rear finder wells looking like they have started to rust. I'm waiting for Too_goode to send me some pictures of the 92 and other cars.

WesPatt

Dec 3, 2008
Nashville Tennessee
My cousin has it, it's a Mig welder Mario. It has all the necessary gear to make it work, if you need me to weld something, let me know.

If you go the repair route, fixing that body is going to be a pain but doable, I can help with that. But it's likely that the frame has taken some stress that can't be reversed if the wishbone is pushed in like that.

I still think your best bet is to get a clean shell and do a swap though.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
WesPatt;1469720 said:
My cousin has it, it's a Mig welder Mario. It has all the necessary gear to make it work, if you need me to weld something, let me know.

If you go the repair route, fixing that body is going to be a pain but doable, I can help with that. But it's likely that the frame has taken some stress that can't be reversed if the wishbone is pushed in like that.

I still think your best bet is to get a clean shell and do a swap though.

Well I'll find out here in a little bit when roger wakes up we are bringing it to his shop. If I do repair it, and give it to my little brother, you can teach us both how to weld.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wheel is fixed drives fine. Was just camber bolts, radiator is in. Made it back to nashville car runs like it always did. Just looks like shit now. :(

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
that qtr does not need to be replaced, it is saveable. no welder would be needed, a porta power and a dent puller , and a few select hammers. it would need a little filler to smooth it, but that is common. nashville auto diesel college would probably even accept such a project to teach with, id call them they would prolly be a cheap option

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Unless there is other damage to that body, I think it'd be crazy not to at least try to pop out the dents, and maybe use some body filler on it to see if you can get it back to normal.

If you don't have experience with something that just means you haven't taken the change to learn it yet. Here's your chance. ;)

Just don't let that car go to a junker. :(

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprarx7nut;1469997 said:
Unless there is other damage to that body, I think it'd be crazy not to at least try to pop out the dents, and maybe use some body filler on it to see if you can get it back to normal.

If you don't have experience with something that just means you haven't taken the change to learn it yet. Here's your chance. ;)

Just don't let that car go to a junker. :(

I won't let her go to the junker, driving back from cookeville made me realize how much history I have with this car, I'm gonna save it. I'll figure out how to fix it, I've got a ton of people wanting to help me fix it, so I'll figure it out.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Take the hatch panels out, hit it with a hammer to get the shape back, some filler, and I have a bumper that you can have if you pay shipping and a little extra cause I got to dig it out of a snow drift.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
nick88;1470057 said:
Take the hatch panels out, hit it with a hammer to get the shape back, some filler, and I have a bumper that you can have if you pay shipping and a little extra cause I got to dig it out of a snow drift.

lol, let me look around locally, shipping on a bumper is $$$$

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
SupraMario;1470063 said:
lol, let me look around locally, shipping on a bumper is $$$$

Alright, let me know so I can start digging it out with my grandpa's plow truck, and tractors. lol

If you don't know that there is a supra behind the our garage/shop/barn, you would have no idea that it is there.