Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
CryoSlash said:
Bug-Eyes
jdmheadlights1.jpg

FTW!
I will own one someday, i just love that generation. I daily a 97 impreza outback btw ;)

Not a big fan of the bug eyes, but that car pulls it together great, I love the bumper! :love:

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
tlo86 said:
yikes 800$ for 200$ worth of gauges and you lose your clock what a deal! Lol.

lol, well all dealer options on any brand car are going to be way more expensive then buying aftermarket stuff. Even if the aftermarket stuff is better quality.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
swaq said:
These ones?
subaru%20impreza%202.0%20wrx%20awd.jpg

I like that style as well, it was my fav, but the new style grew on me and I like it better.
I was actually looking at those originally, but I couldnt find one with under 40-50k on it.

Thanks for all the good comments, I am going to do a photo shoot soon with both cars once I finish fixing the rear skirt on my Supra. I'll post up the pics for you guys :)

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
Getting any of the 'ricer' comments yet? Those are my fav... esp at stop lights :icon_bigg

No comments yet, however some chucklehead in a S-10 "extreme" ...lol sorry its hard to keep a straight face when saying S-10 and extreme in the same sentence. wanted to race me at a stop light.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
MKIII N00b said:
lol, me? no i just think that the 2.5 rs (22b?) is the best looking wrex out there.

I love the 2.5 rs coupe myself. Very nice looking cars.

There is a shop up in Mass that does a full WRX engine and drivetrain swap in them. Very Cool, think it costs about 7-8 grand tho, but that includes the parts.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ seems kinda steep... They dont appear to be all the difficult to work on, imo. Although I havent had to do anything yet.

The one I saw torn apart at MDC looked like a cakewalk.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
^ seems kinda steep... They dont appear to be all the difficult to work on, imo. Although I haven't had to do anything yet.

The one I saw torn apart at MDC looked like a cakewalk.

Keep in mind the engines and trannies in these cars are quite pricey. I was wrong, I think its more like 5,000, but I am not sure if that includes the whole drivetrain.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ But they're probably not as problematic/breakable as the mkIII's are. I drive mine pretty hard and I have never thought twice about it (except that 6k clutch dump... that was awesome).

I went with the warranty, so I deff feel a lot better. The stealership I went to has bent over backwards for me both times I've been up there, so I'm not at all afraid of them not standing behind the warranty. When we get this paid off and my wife starts looking for a new car, we'll stop there first if their service keeps surpassing my expectations.

Sorry, Im bored at work.

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
supra_g said:
Nice DD. Don't know much about them, but don't they take a lot of $$$ to fix?

The engine and drivetrain are expensive, but that is to be expected with a porche engine.

I have to say I am VERY impressed with many things on the car. The interior is very well made and solid. The Handling and Acceleration are pretty bad ass for a stock car. These cars are very nible and love to be thrown around curves and accelerated into corners.

Hmmmm......damn it, I know I am going to start to mod it now....lol

Now I have two cars with a part budget :biglaugh: