glass pack on supra

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
annoyingrob said:
ANYTHING sounds good on a Supra. My open downpipe with no exhaust sounded awesome. It was LOUD, but it was bad-ass.

Ok, Ok, I think we all need to come to an agreement...

That just about anything does sound good on a 7M, 1J or 2J.

I mean, as I think about it, I don't recall ever hearing a Supra that sounded BAD...Sometimes not very loud, or too loud, or really raspy...but not bad.

I've ran my Supra with an open turbo elbow, open downpipe, open cutout (after downpipe), 2 different exhausts, and they all sound like nothing else on the street. :biglaugh:

-Jeff

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
What kind of glass pack are we talkng about? a louvered or a perforated they sound very different imo. plust louvered glass packs cut down of flow alot

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
damn, I have to say, glass packs sounded pissed! I remember my DD 280z, long tube split header and 2" pipes all the way back with two glasspacks, I loved the sound, the cops loved me too.... the drone wanted me to shoot myself in the face, but instead of chopping the pipes for mufflers, installed infinity components instead. Sounds great, keep the pipes!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
It does...It sounds like...A Beast of a 7M.

With each exhaust setup you go to and hear, they all have a different pitch...but lets face it, All 7M's have the same tone to them.
They're just amazing.

Anyone else here prefer the sound of a built 7M over a built 2J?
I sure do.

(BTW, If you've never heard either fully built, don't respond).

-Jeff

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I've got a custom made 3" catback running a 3" in/out dynomax 6" round race muffler (1800cfm flow). Still running stock elbow and dp widens from 2.5" to 3" halfway down gradually. I don't have any sound clips of it (friend who made a vid compilation deleted original footage, and only has the one with music over it)... The car is away for the winter so I'm not going to be able to get a sound clip... But, it is one of the nicest sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a 7m... Exhaust has 1 bend in it after the dp... comes out on an angle like the rsr gt2

Nov 29, 2006
Vacaville, CA
Boost Lee said:
It does...It sounds like...A Beast of a 7M.

With each exhaust setup you go to and hear, they all have a different pitch...but lets face it, All 7M's have the same tone to them.
They're just amazing.

Anyone else here prefer the sound of a built 7M over a built 2J?
I sure do.

(BTW, If you've never heard either fully built, don't respond).

-Jeff

Built 7m Sounds like a FREAKING Big rig at idle. its sex.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
sounds good but hows the drone at highway speeds? When ever i get around to pulling my exhaust back off i'm going to be welding in a glass pack upstream of my megan gt muffler to help with the drone.The more i look at it isn't any can muffler just a shiney perforated glass pack with a big tip lol

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
The best way to describe the sound of my RSR on my 7M is a (small) single turbo 2JZ. It's got the VERY raspy sound to it, yet it sounds like some kind of....well....NOTHING. Literally, nothing sounds like my car (or any 7M for that matter).