glass pack on supra

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
87supraturbo19 said:
hey man what was making your car do that in the video?
The Antilag ... It allows me to build boost without a load on the engine .. I was setting it up and my friend shot some video...

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
For those of you that are running a 3" exhaust with just a glass pack. What is the brand on the glass pack that you guys are using?

I know theres quite a few of you that are just running with glass packs on their SUp's. :biglaugh:

novaboy009

Aug 13, 2007
Pittsburgh
If it's a generic thrush glass pack from trader horn or warehouse supply ($15), those things are FTL in the flow department. I picked up almost a half second in the 1/4 mile swapping from 3" thrushies to 3" dynomax super turbos, and the sound got lower and quieter.

Kev

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
fiyota said:
Meant to post this earlier...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dfS-L9HCmdU

Basically it's a stock elbow + top half of stock dp, to 3" piping with one bend at the end.

It sounds just a touch drone-ish at low rpm. DO you have the muffler at the back? I would imagine that iff it was farther upstream, it might kill the drone, even though the end result out of the back would be the same. Sounds pretty sweet during WOT.
:biglaugh:

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
Boost Lee said:
It does...It sounds like...A Beast of a 7M.

With each exhaust setup you go to and hear, they all have a different pitch...but lets face it, All 7M's have the same tone to them.
They're just amazing.

Anyone else here prefer the sound of a built 7M over a built 2J?
I sure do.

(BTW, If you've never heard either fully built, don't respond).

-Jeff

I like the sound of a 1j personally, stock or built, well actually, I like everything more about the 1J than a poop 7M except that 3000 tube, thats some fly 80's shit:icon_bigg

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
supraguy@aol said:
It sounds just a touch drone-ish at low rpm. DO you have the muffler at the back? I would imagine that iff it was farther upstream, it might kill the drone, even though the end result out of the back would be the same. Sounds pretty sweet during WOT.
:biglaugh:

Ya, that is a muffler out the back, it's a dynomax 3" in/out race muffler... flows 1800cfm iirc... Going from a baffled flow-pro (same as a flowmaster) to that full open muffler, and a pretty much completely straight exhaust, made a noticeable difference with how quickly the turbo spooled and how early.

It doesn't drone all that bad at the low rpm, but holy shit does it come alive when I get on it.. The video does NOT do the exhaust justice, it sounds absolutely amazing in person... I personally think it's the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a 7m... First person that heard it shouted out his window *OH MY GOD IT SOUNDS LIKE PURE SEX!*.... lol

Supra-K said:
I like the sound of a 1j personally, stock or built, well actually, I like everything more about the 1J than a poop 7M except that 3000 tube, thats some fly 80's shit:icon_bigg

The 7m is definitely NOT "poop"...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Supra-K said:
I like the sound of a 1j personally, stock or built, well actually, I like everything more about the 1J than a poop 7M except that 3000 tube

I do enjoy the sound of a 1J. They have an exotic high revving sound to them...However, on a bad day, I could mix one up with a built K series Honda motor or something like an S2000 by sound of the ear.

Then you jump to a 7M.......:biglaugh:, NOTHING sounds like an MA70.

Oh well, maybe I've brainwashed myself with the tone of my 7M...
(Also known as Ear Sex). :naughty:

Supra-K said:
thats some fly 80's shit:icon_bigg

I LOL'd here. :rofl: The "3000" pipe is pretty neat. Especially since people clean them up, get HK$ copies, and make them look really nice.

-Jeff

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
fiyota said:
The 7m is definitely NOT "poop"...

ok tell me how its not a piece of crap its sits up there on list along with the
3vzfe toyota pickup motor, seriously if you think the 7m is great you need a new life, yes it can be improved to make it better but why make a piece of "poop" good also considering heavy costs. Go ahead and ask any guy who owns a 1j what he prefers 7m or 1j? you might just be surprised, the 7m has so many flaws its just :3d_frown: i dont even want to start...