glass pack on supra

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
dont make fun off me to much guys. when i redone my hg my exaust broke in half. i didnt have the money to waist on a nice exaust.so they put 2.75 from the turbo back with a 24 inch glass pack and a chrome tip. it looks like crap, but it actually sounds really good. i thought about replacing it, but i actually have growin to like the sound. has anybody ever heard a glass pack on supra?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
87supraturbo19 said:
dont make fun off me to much guys. when i redone my hg my exaust broke in half. i didnt have the money to waist on a nice exaust.so they put 2.75 from the turbo back with a 24 inch glass pack and a chrome tip. it looks like crap, but it actually sounds really good. i thought about replacing it, but i actually have growin to like the sound. has anybody ever heard a glass pack on supra?

Glass packs only belong on V8s, IMO anyways.:icon_bigg

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
If it's turbo with a cat' you don't really "need" any muffler right?
A glasspack shouldn't sound any worse, and pro'ly better, than most of those ricer-style super-big-tip-fart-power mufflers. And a lot cheaper.
My soup had a glasspack in place of the silencer and a blown-out muffler when I got it.

My opinion: Rock it til it rusts off.

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
ive been running a full open exhaust for quite a while, and it sounds great, but i just eliminated both cats, and now its way too loud for everyday driving, so i had a custom catback made at a garage, 3.25 inch, and it only cost 225, plus the cost of the dcsports muffler i put on, and it sounds better than anything ive ever heard on a supra

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I have a 24" glass pack on my Supra in place of the resonator. Put a 2 chamber Flow Master out on the end. Nice and quiet, and still performs well.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
CryoSlash said:
glass packs sound good on our supra's for some reason.

Interesting! All this talk about Glass packs on Supras has intrigued me.

I'd love to hear a soundclip...

I mean honestly, hearing "Glass pack" & Supra in the same sentence doesn't sound too Supra friendly, but as I think about it, I'm sure it gives it a nice and deep, raspy sound to it.

....................Do they make 4" inlet Glass packs to match 4 inches of piping? :naughty:

-Jeff

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
CryoSlash said:
glass packs sound good on our supra's for some reason.

I didn't like it at ALL, was way to loud, then again, when I was in HS I drove to my friends house who lived in a rich as neighborhood alot and got cops telling me its a noise violation.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
D34DC311 said:
Do the houses where you drive, sell for 2mil?

No, but replacement Supra parts do....

Actually, I felt the same way: "glass-pack" = "red-neck". But honestly, I'd really like to hear a sound clip. My exhaust right now is louder than I'd like; it's a separated 3" downpipe going to a 3" cat and mandrel bent piping to an N1 generic out back, and I was wondering if a glasspack might actually tone down the noise level a bit. If not, what can someone recommend for a 3" muffler to make it quiet, yet still free-flowing?
Thanks.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Ive got a glass pack on my supra and to be honest I really like the sound of it. Ill try to get a sound slip when i come one from college for winter break. Ive got a 1jz, single and 3" all the way turbo back, no cat, 27"x3" glass pack with magnaflow muffler. The exhaust came with the car but I really like the sound. It sounds very mean in my opinion.

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
well i figured all you critics would rip me a new one, but if you guys are that interested i will post a sound clip tomorrow when i get off work. hopefully my car will idle right.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Critics? :biglaugh:

Who cares about your idle! Haha...I just want to hear some loud 7M roaring at high rpms...some quick throttle blipping, maybe even a cruise down the road with someone recording roadside.

Post it up! :)

-Jeff

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
I have a dynomax race straight thru 3" muffler on my exhaust and it was cheap.

The car sounds loud and mean. I get alot of people come over to ask about my supra and want me to turn it on to hear it again and again.

So far, cops drove behind me, beside me, in front of me and have never pulled me over for the noise.

I have to upload a sound clip sometime.

Cheers,
Roy

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
I am working on my exhaust with glasspacks now ebay ddp 3in cat to dual outlet magnaflow an the 2 glasspacks by the diff. should be pretty quiet.