Gates Raceing power grip hose clamps?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1469993 said:
FFS it's a radiator hose it has to hold 13psi..... :nono:

ONLY reason to go braided on a road car is appearance.

If I really needed to upgrade I'd use braided stainless....

maybe you missed that part?....Last i checked I'm not rocking braided lines...

Poodles Samco will hold more pressure And they come in black

we have rad caps that regulate pressure and I'm 100% sure rubber hose will hold 13 pounds just fine.

Look I didn't make this thread to argue....no I didn't buy silicone hose as I personally believe it's retarded to spend so much just to say you did....yes I like the gates racing blue color but had they come in hot pink I probably would have chose that just cause I can! I'm not comfortable using silicone on very important lines as it tears very easily and I even purchased new Toyota turbo coolant hoses instead of using the blue silicone vac line material I have as the shit tears to easily.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
IJ.;1469993 said:
FFS it's a radiator hose it has to hold 13psi..... :nono:

ONLY reason to go braided on a road car is appearance.

Ian , i was told by a radiator fabricator that the only time the cooling system sees any kinda high pressure is the sudden burst when the thermostat opens, Is this true?
At the time we discussing plastic end tanks becoming brittle although i'm sure the pressure varies widely according to different vehicles.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Used to sell the gates hose when i ran a small parts shop years ago and never had a single complaint so personally i would use it, if it was black of course.:naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gaboonviper85;1470263 said:
maybe you missed that part?....Last i checked I'm not rocking braided lines...

Didn't "miss" anything was just commenting on the fact that braided rad hoses are an expensive WOTM on a road car, last I checked you'd never ran a Turbo Supra fullstop.....

wiseco7mgt;1470270 said:
Ian , i was told by a radiator fabricator that the only time the cooling system sees any kinda high pressure is the sudden burst when the thermostat opens, Is this true?
At the time we discussing plastic end tanks becoming brittle although i'm sure the pressure varies widely according to different vehicles.
Can't see how there would be a pressure spike on the t-stat opening Pete it's not like the system is divided until it opens, the bypass allows the water in the block to heat to the T-stat opening temp which when pressurised is well below boiling so if anything there would be a slight drop as the cooler rad water enters the block.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1470348 said:
If the bypass is clogged, the pressure can rise on the heater hoses (common problem on the early miatas)

Can't see how that happens as the system pressure is a constant, maybe if the flow is reduced to a trickle and there is a hot spot it might cavitate and boil the coolant in that area.....