G35 Sedan kill

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
well this guy that i know from work is always trying me thinks his g35 is fast so one day we meet at a light :) open road no cops no cars, lights turns green out of 1st were about even i hit secound pull 1 hit 3rd pull 2.5 and counting then i shut it down no need to go any faster. so he pulls up next to me and say what's up with the smoke, you got bad rings, i say what color is it he says black i said that's the color of boost, well i know my car runs rich under 10's at full boost needing tune. but hey i walked a 300bhp g35auto stick hehe. needless to say he won't try me any more

"street racing is not good but some times you can't help it just don't be stupid"

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
ians13;942489 said:
so he pulls up next to me and say what's up with the smoke, you got bad rings, i say what color is it he says black i said that's the color of boost

...Pretty smart guy, eh?:sarcasm:

Good kill in a fly ass whip.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice kill. I used to have a '83 supra and a friend of mine had a '90-92 camaro with a v6 and he swore it would outrun my car with no problems. I didn't know if it would or not, but I defended my car. So after work, we built houses, we went out on a four lane road and stopped in the middle of the street. I honked two of the three times and he was gone, cheating bastard........but by second gear I had put about five or six on him. We went again with the same outcome, but we went to third and it was getting worse.

The next mornig I drew Heartbeat of Japan on my back glass with shoe polish. He told me that my car was smoking yesterday when we were racing, and I told him that he would know since he was always behind me............:biglaugh:

Sorry for the hijack, but your story brought back some old memmories.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ I believe that the sedan version of the G35 is the G35x.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
sweet89s13;944496 said:
was it a g35x? if it was, the x's are SLOW. but good kill man.

The sedan/coupe are the same thing. Even with the slight power difference, it's not really that much since the sedan version is lighter.

clifftrail

Jun 19, 2005
Abq
All the x means is that it is all-wheel drive. A sedan is four door and the coupe two door. They aren't 300hp either but close for crank. Most put about 240 to the wheels on the dyno give or take a few with the trans choice and the auto seems to suck a little more power than the 6MT version. All G's will run somewhere in the 14 depending on driver. Depending on how much boost and mods your running, beating one shouldn't be that difficult stock.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
OfnaRcR4;944553 said:
Okay, i was on the phone with someone and read this post outloud, just out of randomness. And it made no sense.. At all.

what?

i don't think it was the x version, hmm 280hp thought it was more than that.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ Ah, news to me. :) However, do they make a g35x coupe?

clifftrail

Jun 19, 2005
Abq
x only came in the sedan version. No all-wheel drive coupes out there, at least not from the factory. Some different tweaks to the 350 motor but the biggest advantage is the weight difference between the two models.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
clifftrail;945249 said:
x only came in the sedan version. No all-wheel drive coupes out there, at least not from the factory. Some different tweaks to the 350 motor but the biggest advantage is the weight difference between the two models.

All kinds of AWD G35 coupes out there, just none in the US.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Sil;945304 said:
All kinds of AWD G35 coupes out there, just none in the US.

None in Canada. At my work we handle every single one that enters the country. There are sedans that are not the "X" model. Personally i like the G's. The new G37 is absolutly wonderful to drive, lots of power, very impressive cars. good kill