FYI: Fake Walbros from China

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
that's why i never buy fuel pumps off of ebay. always through a known vendor. i'd rather pay $100 through 935 instead of $50 on ebay.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I'm going to sticky this. If anyone disagrees with that, just unsticky it as you wish :D

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
it has been a long time since ive sold a walbro pump. i give people the price and i always get: "but i can buy a lot cheaper from ebay for the same pump". i have known about these knock offs for a while now, and even tell people about it. then i get: "but my friend has ran one for a while now and it works fine for him".

hopefully the word will spread and people wont skimp out on fuel components anymore. i understand trying to save money, but this isnt where to do it.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
dbsupra90 said:
i have known about these knock offs for a while now, and even tell people about it. then i get: "but my friend has ran one for a while now and it works fine for him".

hopefully the word will spread and people wont skimp out on fuel components anymore. i understand trying to save money, but this isnt where to do it.

There is no way on earth I would trust my shiny new engine to knock off fuel parts. There's a reason Venom injectors are fading out. Unfortunately, eBay is a feeding ground for copycats, especially with aftermarket car parts. My theory is, and always will be, buy quality parts one time, and one time only. I purchased a real Aeromotive AFPR from Driftmotion, and it wasn't even very expensive. I refuse to buy "Hong Kong Sport" or "FReddy" parts.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
BlackMKIII said:
My theory is, and always will be, buy quality parts one time, and one time only.

Mine is "Do it once, do it right". lol.

Anyways, I've never trusted eBay and will therefore never buy anything off there, and I'd also like to include that people just love buying cheap parts and won't mind buying them if it gives them immediate satisfaction, even if in the long run it will screw stuff up.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
dbsupra90 said:
...hopefully the word will spread and people wont skimp out on fuel components anymore. i understand trying to save money, but this
isnt where to do it.

ha! i wish, but i don't think that will ever happen.....as long as there are kids wanting to go fast for cheap, there will always be a market for china crap....

and i agree, fuel is the LAST place to try save $$.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
It's happening all over, in just about every industry. I just changed my mind on a Shure SM58 vocal microphone and got an Audix because I read an article about all the Chinese Shure fakes.
The irony is that is exactly what Japan was doing 35 years ago

Great.... Hey Guys, I was curious if anyone has ever bought a fp off Lightingauto, or weaponspeed? Weaponspeed shows walbro 255lph (GSS341-400-760) fp/w kit, free shippin for 89.00usd, and Lightingauto 255lph (WAL GSS-317) w/ kit (WAL 400-765) + shippin for 98.11usd. I purchased mine through weaponspeed, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them ,as i haven't ran the engine yet. But the pump is stamped Walbro (GSS341-400-760) Made in U.S.A. yet there is nothing mentioned about Walbro in the install instructions.

Last edited:

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
I would not trust anything that was not genuine parts when it comes to the engine..... If it doesnt have the name stamped on it then its a knock off... and if its half the regular selling price chances are its a knock off.. I only buy from reputable vendors....and only quality parts that have been proven again and again....Some people need to stop trying to be cheap. You dont have any room to be cheap when it comes to the supra . Like my old auto tech instructor told people... If you cant afford to keep a certain car and spend the money it needs to do things right. Then maybe you dont need that car. Find one you can afford....

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
That it has Walbro stamped on it does not prove that it's genuine. You can only know what is what when you have both in hand, trust me ;)

And because of these cheap knock offs flowing freely through the internet, many sellers, including me, had to upper the cost of these pumps, because clients now think, that if we sell walbros for cheap - they are fakes.