Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
They will "look" squashed as they're most likely "11" series plugs factory gapped to 1.1mm/44 thou, once you tap them down to sub 30 they look a little Mongy...

If the Pistons had touched them with enough force to create that sound they'd be smashed flat and the Porcelain would be shattered...

snowman

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Mpls
oh okay....what do you mean for the hell of it? Ive been askin you for like 3 pages to check your gap okay sweet.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1890777 said:
^ Not sure if troll...

Jordan,

Pull the filter and cut it open. Have you let it get to OP for a decent time?

I will when I get time. But more then likely I'm pulling it and letting Albert look it over

snowman

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Mpls
IJ.;1890769 said:
They will "look" squashed as they're most likely "11" series plugs factory gapped to 1.1mm/44 thou, once you tap them down to sub 30 they look a little Mongy...

If the Pistons had touched them with enough force to create that sound they'd be smashed flat and the Porcelain would be shattered...

I didnt care if he had the pregapped 11's or not gap is gap.... I thought theyd be smashed to shit too but ya never know. Maybe he just needed like .015 more clearance is what I was thinkin'.

You guys are like women, so sensitive lol.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
snowman;1890779 said:
I didnt care if he had the pregapped 11's or not gap is gap.... I thought theyd be smashed to shit too but ya never know. Maybe he just needed like .015 more clearance is what I was thinkin'.

Dude enough... PUT DOWN the Crack Pipe and step away from the thread... :nono:

I know you're trying to help but trust me on this one you're not.

snowman

Banned
Oct 12, 2012
Mpls
IBoughtASupra;1890777 said:
^ Not sure if troll...

You talkin to me hahah. Not sure if what? lol.

What do you mean trust you what the fuck does that mean..... why you so sensitive?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
snowman;1890781 said:
You talkin to me hahah. Not sure if what? lol.

What do you mean trust you what the fuck does that mean..... why you so sensitive?
It means keep Trolling the thread and you'll get a week off, clear enough?

One and only warning.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Anyway back to the thread.

Jordan what all else did you check other then the spark plug gap lol.....

Or is it still at the shop getting the wiring done?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Jordan,

Let it warm up and run for a while. Monitor temp, I assume it bled and lets see if the noise goes away(piston slap). I havent heard piston slap like that though, if it is, then wow, they fudged the piston to bore clearance.

Pull the filter, cut it open and then lets see inside. Drain the oil and check it with a magnet.

Maybe its the picture, but it does look oily in there. Compression and leak down are in order. If anyone of those are bad...I want to see how the machine shop get out of that.

Report back.

If all else fails....Take Albert's offer....I think Ian was right here when he said someone forgot an O-Ring someplace.