fuel problem

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
ok, this is going to be a long post, Ill try to break it up as clear as I can.

Car:87 turbo swap pre 89 with a 88 harness auto (mods listed in sig)

The problem: Ive got my new motor, trans etc. all in the car idles fine, and really smooth. Although I can not get the pressure to drop below 50 psi with or without vac. Its running really rich it used to be around 10:1....now its around 12.0:1, (Im still on stock AFM and 440's) but I go to rev it and it will lean out and want to die.

What ive tried: I have tried using both ajustable FPR and non, 4 different to be total. Ive tried two different fuel rails. Ive put the bypass hose in a bucket just so there are no restrictions. Ive tried the rail with and without the dampener. Ive changed the lines. I also changed the AFM because the electronics were bad (nothing to do with pressure though) oh and a different ECU

This really doesnt make sense to me anymore, I dont know what to try next. Is there any possibilty that it could be the pump?? Its a walbro with the 12v mod thats been running in the car with the NA motor for the last year and a half and Ive had no problems and have not touched the wiring for that since the new motor went in.

anybody willing to offer me some ideas or even taking the time to read this I appricate it.

-Jesse

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Have you tried to put a vacuum pump on the FPR and manually pull a vacuum to make the pressure drop? The only thing I can think of is you have no vaccum at the FPR. There should be some fuel pressure drop. If the FPR is operating properly.

*still scratching my head*

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Kckazdude;987871 said:
Have you tried to put a vacuum pump on the FPR and manually pull a vacuum to make the pressure drop? The only thing I can think of is you have no vaccum at the FPR. There should be some fuel pressure drop. If the FPR is operating properly.

*still scratching my head*
yea, it drops but not that much....still has a problem somewhere else though