fuel cut?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Beals;1931438 said:
yeah but stock turbos don;t pull hard after 5500 rpm, even if the ct26 pulls hard to 6k it's gunna start leveling off, this is when AFPR and wideband o2 sensor is a good idea to monitor, it's also an easy 500$+ combo.. the other route is an SAFCII and get someone to tune into a safe range for you. I wouldn't run over 16 on my 440's(1jz) personally even though I know with cams and my aftermarket ecu I can push 18 without fuelcut, but I'd be worried about it going lean somewhere close to the 7k rpm mark.

See, I was hoping that people would already know this while doing the lex swap so I didn't include the obvious upgrades I have. 560 injectors, walbro, 57 trim and a whole bunch of other goods. I ran without an safc for about a year and a half, everything was fine. When I put the wideband and safc on I'm having to pull some fuel but even untuned its at 10.6afr's. Bottom line is, you should be able to boost at least 16 or 17 minimum, this is why I was saying boost leak but who knows.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
then with your upgrades ..get a bigger turbo later
get a tuning device AFPR and a wideband get it tuned and go from there it's the best way to go especially if you don't want to run into any major problems
then upgrade turbo
I had the afc neo fr my
tune

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Supraguy7M;1931521 said:
Factory tune=stock. There for I have no performance tune, that was my point.

This is a side note and just the internet, so don't get frazzled. It is "therefore". Unlike the common mistake of "alot", which isn't a word, but two words.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1931549 said:
lol at this guy ^^

You lol now til you're asking for his help in some thread where you're like

"Oh my god help! I have a shitload of problems and no knowledge to fix them!"

And also, there is no reason to use a SAFC when using 550/lex afm.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
if I remember correctly I never said "oh my god help! I have a shitload of problems and no knowledge to fix them!" and I actually did get it fixed but the funny thing is you all were wrong on what my car was doing

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
and nor will I be begging for help
All I said was lol at this guy were did that even involve you? I wasn't starting shit bro but then you came in

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
OfnaRcR4;1931574 said:
Again.. what?!

Anywho, people calm down, get off your high horse and just try to help a fellow poopra owner out.

What? If you need a AFC to keep the AFR happy on the 7mgte with just 550/lex afm then you've got problems. A AFPR and the adjustment screw on the lex afm is MORE than enough to keep the VF signal happy.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
^IIRC you can't use an SAFC to "make your Vf signal happy" because it's only functional in closed loop. A piggyback will only help you get better A/F ratios in open loop.

The best way to "configure" the closed loop with the lexriemer mod (in addition to the adjustment screw) is a 1:1 AFPR to set the base pressure to whatever your specific configuration needs in order to make the TCCS happy.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
thevork;1931842 said:
^IIRC you can't use an SAFC to "make your Vf signal happy" because it's only functional in closed loop. A piggyback will only help you get better A/F ratios in open loop.

The best way to "configure" the closed loop with the lexriemer mod (in addition to the adjustment screw) is a 1:1 AFPR to set the base pressure to whatever your specific configuration needs in order to make the TCCS happy.

Basically what I was saying. My car runs near 2.5 VF til open loop which it then runs 11.2 AFR and slowly goes to 10.9 as the RPM's climb.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IndigoMKII;1931853 said:
Basically what I was saying. My car runs near 2.5 VF til open loop which it then runs 11.2 AFR and slowly goes to 10.9 as the RPM's climb.

It is supposed to do that. However, 10.9:1 is a little lean. I have seen the Toyota tune as rich as high 9s and low 10s.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Nick M;1931905 said:
It is supposed to do that. However, 10.9:1 is a little lean. I have seen the Toyota tune as rich as high 9s and low 10s.

It's sitting like that because I've used the lex adjustment to get the AFR in open loop a little closer to 11's. Before I started doing the adjustments, the car would go 10.0 on my UEGO.